Notices

day two without oxys

Old 04-05-2013, 06:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day two without oxys

Im Very New To This But Definitely Looking For Any Help I Can Get. Today Is Day Two Of Many Attempts To Get Off Oxy Codone Cotin Any Oxy I Can Get A Hold Of. EveN Tho My Gf And I Have Cut Back To Every Three Days Or So On The Third Day Itskilling Me And I Have To Find Something. WhaT Can I Do To Make These Urges Go Away? And B Able To Keep Working? I Know TomorOw Will B Hell....Hoping Something Will Snap Into Place N Make Me Realize I Can Do This
Old 04-05-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Tough question. Maybe ask your doctor. Withdrawal is hell from opiates i know.
I went into detox for 7 days this last time for alcohol and opiates Feb 2012.

Some folks go the methadone route, I did that for 4 years. Functioned well but it was no cure for the underlying issues. Some go the suboxone route temporarily and wean down. Your doc will have some answers for you. Stay near the bathroom and keep pepto bismal close by too. I really do feel for you.

P.S .Proud of you! Stay close to this forum and talk about your cravings, It will help, always someone willing to cheer you on.!!
Old 04-05-2013, 07:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Can I Go To My Regular Doc And Ask About This? Im So Embarrassed To Tell Him This. Its Been OngoingfFor About Three Years. Im Nervous Bout Suboxone Only Bc I Heard U Can Get Hooked N High On That Also. I Have To Have More Will Power I Know, But Saying And Doing R Two Different Things. Im So Angry With Myself I Dont Know What To Do. This Person Now Is Not Me. And I Need To getEncouragement better. I Hope ThisPlace Will Help Thank U For Ur Kind Words Of encouragement
Old 04-05-2013, 07:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey bro hang in there. I'm almost a week in. For the first four days I used immodium ( loperamide ) for withdrawals. Google loperamide and read up on it. It took 80-90% of my symptoms away. Hang in there and good luck. My Dr. Gave me clonidine and it helps also. Just don't give in or you will be back at the start.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank U So Much. Yea I Keep Thinkn If I Just Do Lower Amounts And Wein Myself Off It'll B Better. But I Know I Just Have To Get The Evil Outta Me. Just So Flipping Hard. Guess Thats Y Im Here. Congrats To U For Doing So Well
Old 04-05-2013, 08:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Please don't be embarassed to talk with your doctor. I was very ashamed when I spoke with my doctor about it but it has helped so much. Now my doctor knows me in a way no other human being does. I completely trust him. I tell him everything in concerns to my health. Every relapse. Every pill. Any drug or medication. He knows what I put in my body now and my health is better because of it.

This was just my first step into trust. Later he was able to diagnose my depression. You will not get punished for speaking up. You will only get BETTER health care because your doctor will have a complete picture of what works and what doesn't. I strongly encourage you to ask for help now.

It's a good time because you are just in the thick of your withdrawal. I hope you can hang in there and take tomorrow off. Or maybe it would do you some good to try and do something. It's just agony watching the clock all day. So much of it is in your mind but that doesn't make any less awful.

My heart and prayers go out to you both. Psalm 86 really helps. Read it together as a prayer. It works. Also praying for God to take away your desire works wonders as well.

It's a very good time to try and tap into your spirituality. God is closer to you right now.

PS - I got off of oxys/dilaudid and I was really bad off. I wanted methadone but just ended up with subs. I'm so grateful I didn't go down the methadone road. Watch "Methodonia" on Netflix for more info on that addictive drug. Reconsider.