Notices

Help! Severe DT's

Old 04-05-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad to year you got help. I can see them not wanting you to share any medical advice here, but seems strange that they woudln't want to you to use a forum as such for recovery after detox is finished. You may want to ask about that when you go for your follow up appointment. And you can always read without posting too, there's lots of good stuff here to learn and keep your mind busy. Best of luck.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

If SR helps you stay sober, keep coming back, no matter what the EMTs say. I can't understand why they'd be so opposed to another form of treatment.
(my counselor recommends SR to her clients!)

I'm glad you got help. Do keep us updated on your progress. We are here to support you.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:09 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
orangutan

I am glad you got some help also.I hope you decide to stick around there is a lot of good advice here.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:30 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

justsomedude: I assume that your medical help's admonition not to post details of your treatment on this website (excellent advice since this website should not deal with medical treatment other than to urge you to seek it where this seems advisable) does not preclude you from asking about and sharing other stuff like any anxieties, advice on how to stay sober, etc. which may come up during the course of your recovery. Because that's what this site's all about. Avoiding medical advice or discussion but providing support and encouragement to those who really want to quit. Good luck on everything.

W.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:32 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

You know, if you don't drink anymore you won't have to go through another day like this.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:58 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by justsomedude View Post
They were surprisingly not even opposed to me finishing what I have left. It's a lot but not enough to cause immediate problems apparently.
First I want to say that I'm glad you're okay and got the help you need.

But..the part I quoted above....that is absolutely irresponsible for them to say that to a person who just called 911 for acute alcohol withdrawal symptoms. Ridiculous.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:17 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
~sb

You were able to post 3 times within one hour.

Amazing how you were able to go in and be seen and then released within 40 minutes, even if the hospital is across the street! All hospitals should be that quick in signing us in and out.

Telling you not to post on a forum? That isn't their place to decide nor to comment on and goes against what they are taught. Also telling you to go ahead and continue to finish what you had? Crazy.

Your symptoms that you had typed, all while in the midst of detoxing, are indications of serious problems and in another person could have even been life threatening or even debilitating in the long run.

Many people don't make it through detoxing. It's seriously a life and death matter.

I wish you well on your sober journey.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:50 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Detox is deadly stuff...

Glad you called for help..

Like many I could of died during it.. I didn't know it, but I was in such a hallacuting state that I was trying to kill myself by running head first into my cell wall on the 3 day of being in jail...

2 days later in the ICU with wet brain...

Pass it on , always always seek help to detox..
Old 04-05-2013, 09:54 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Zee

[QUOTE=justsomedude;3901164]They recommended I did not share details of this on forums, or participate on them at all. Well, at least I won't be sharing details of my treatment. The danger would be that people would expect the same treatment since everyone is different.

QUOTE]

Well, that's a shame! I have been posting and reading here on SR for over a year now and I have never seen that before! I totally agree about not sharing details of medical treatment, and SR is totally against that as well. It is a very well run and super-moderated forum for people who have addiction problems and for friends and families of addicts... I have told my doctor about SR and how much it has helped me... he might have even recommended it to other people... I hope so, there is such a stigma about addiction, we need a bit of anonimity sometimes to get stuff off our chests. I really hope you feel better in a couple of days and come back and post here. You could be helpful to others who are struggling
Old 04-05-2013, 10:17 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by justsomedude View Post
Hello,

If I really have to, I will go see a doctor. And my whole secret will be out and it will ruin my life, but at least keep me alive.

Or am I worrying too much and is this something that will simply pass.

Please help!

No it won't ruin your life. It will expose that dirty little secret that is keeping you from your life your new life. A life of sobriety. You want it? Then tell on yourself. Put it all out there. Ask for help. Surrender to win!!!!
Old 04-05-2013, 11:44 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Justsomedude: That's the fastest ER I've ever heard of. Only 40 minutes in and out and back home is fantastic. I've never been able to get through an ER in less than three to five hours.

Glad to hear you've received assistance through a doctor, especially with all of the severe symptoms that you described. Detox is nothing to make light of. Best of luck in your recovery.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:49 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Originally Posted by least View Post
(my counselor recommends SR to her clients!)
I told my counselor I was posting on a forum and he asked for the link to check it out. Hopefully he will recommend people to come here. He thought it was a great idea that I was posting here.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:27 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

My counsellor too thought SR was a great resource and was pleased I'd find people to support me, whenever I needed it!x
Old 04-06-2013, 04:55 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I'm betting they didn't want you to share in detail the exact course of treatment, but sharing your experience is completely different. I would be willing to bet there was some misinterpretations here, on both parts. Please keep coming back. DT's and withdrawal are nothing to mess around with.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:22 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Able to post three lucid posts during an intense detox with nary a typo, arriving at the hospital and being released within an hour, told not to post here, told to go ahead and finish your booze.

Thanks for the entertainment.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:32 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, I think it's time we call it quits on this one.
Thanks everybody.

D