Notices

Relationships in sobriety

Old 04-05-2013, 12:37 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elisabeth888 View Post
No, 12 YEARS!!!!!
Too funny! Okay, strike that.

I carried a lot of resentments for many years including the fact that my husband does not contribute to household chores, inside or out (owns and operates a business, seven days/week), and never helped out with the demands of raising our two kids (now adults), while all the time demanding more, more, more! A strange thing has happened lately, those resentments disappeared. Can’t change the past, right? I haven’t been able to change his habits or behavior over the years so I don’t expect anything to change in the future (letting go of expectations). I am working on changing me and for the time being, I am happy with that!
Old 04-05-2013, 03:33 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hang in there Elizabeth!! I know this issue is serious but the toilet paper remark was funny..

Wishing you the best!!
Old 04-05-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I was starting to wonder about this as well ,almost the whole time ive been with the wife ive been drinking ,when im sober ,and ive had a few spurts here and there ,she gets on my nerves , i hate people always complaining out loud , just deal with it and be quiet, she states the obvious ,if something spills ,ill just get some towels and start wiping it up ,nothing we can do ,its done lets move on ..she freaks out ,mentions it 20 times how the carpet has a stain and how much it costs to get the carpet shampooed and it goes on forever..drives me nuts ..iam wondering if my drinking obviously tuned her out all these years,and maybe i cant live with this person sober?
I like my quiet time as well ,too much in fact
I really cannot stand having to listen to anybody recant their work day for any longer than a few minutes
Old 04-05-2013, 06:45 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I know Junk, I want to say STFU already!!! I just smile patiently through GRITTED teeth though.

I just want some peace.