Notices

First time withdrawals

Old 04-04-2013, 10:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First time withdrawals

Hello,

This is my first chat. I recently had an alcohol binge over the weekend and I am experiencing my first withdrawals. I never consider myself and alcoholic but the withdrawals tell me otherwise. I am on my 3rd day of sobriety and it is terrible. The 1st day is when I new something wasn't right, I was experiencing the shaking hand and jittery feeling. On the 2nd day I was completely off balanced and started feeling the anxiety. Thats when I went to ER. They ran some test and said I was dehydrated and my muscle enzyme level was high but it wasn't enough to admit me. Also on the night of the 2nd day while sleeping my wife said whole body was jerking in me. Now on the 3rd day I am extremely tired and one moment I"m fine and the next moment the tiredness and anxiety sets in. I"ve drank for a long time but I've also not dranked for a long time but I over did on easter weekend. I drank 2 fifths of liquor and 1 pint of liquor mixed drinks of course. I admitted to my wife that I think I am having withdrawals from drinking too much.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

It's great that you are making these changes for yourself!

Stick with it, and you'll never have to go through this again!
Old 04-04-2013, 10:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Areachme39. Glad that you went into the ER and that you're taking care of the issue as a priority with honesty. That is always a tough step to make, so congratulations on doing what it takes to begin the journey of positive changes. This is a wonderful forum for support.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! Once you get through today, day 3, the physical withdrawals should get better. You may want to print out this thread to reflect back on when you do start feeling better and think that you can "control" your drinking again. The good news is that you never have to go through this again, the choice is yours!
Old 04-04-2013, 10:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

Please see a doctor for proper withdrawal/detoxing.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I would have the shakes after drinking too much. I can't drink at all.