SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Started AA, on day 3. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/290025-started-aa-day-3-a.html)

anchorbird 04-04-2013 08:56 AM

Started AA, on day 3.

I am proud to say I have started going to AA and I am SO glad I finally got the courage to go. Its an all women's group and I LOVED it! On day 3 and feeling okay, not great. What can I expect for the next few days? I am sweating like crazy at night, but sleeping better than when I was drinking. I haven't made it to day 3 in a LONG time, but I feel this time is different (don't we always ;-)

aasharon90 04-04-2013 09:03 AM

Arm yourself with the tools and knowledge
of your addiction and how it affects your
body, mind and soul. Take that knowledge,
those important tools learned and incorporate
them in your everyday affairs, living a day
at a time with openmindedness, willingness,
and honesty.

Listen. learn, absorb, apply and be prepared
for those awesome promises, gifts in recovery
coming true for you just like they have for me
for the past 22yrs of many one days at a time
added together to get me to where I am today.

Happy Joyous Free :)

2granddaughters 04-04-2013 09:16 AM

Great news !!

Commit to the meetings, get a home Group and a sponsor and settle in for quite a ride.

You will, as time goes along, become more than you ever thought possible. You will be reborn.

All the best.

Bob R

sugarbear1 04-04-2013 10:55 AM

Expect to stay stopped and keep healing.

Everyone is different!

Dee74 04-04-2013 02:22 PM

good for you anchorbird

D

Zebra1275 04-04-2013 05:52 PM

I've found that attending a lot of meetings in the beginning is important. Some people advise newcomers to "do 90 in 90" but I never did. Between work and family responsibilities that would have been very tough. However, I did read the Big Book everyday and log on to SR.

least 04-04-2013 05:57 PM

The physical w/d should be nearly over by now. Then you must start doing the work it takes to stay sober. It takes a lot of effort and changes but is so worth it.:hug:

quitforme79 04-04-2013 07:24 PM

I remember the night sweats...think they stopped night 3 or 4. Good for you for really jumping into your recovery :) I go to my women's meetings on Friday and always look forward to it. Never would've thought I'd say that I wanted to unwind on a Friday with a bunch of sober people lol But it's awesome :)

Dave42001 04-04-2013 09:20 PM

Glad you had a great experience.. Great fellowship that really cares about people.. Stick with the winners that have a lot of sobriety under their belt.. I started at my home group and now I've branched out and attend many different meeting in my area and love it.. Keep going back.. It works if you work it and you're worth it... Happy for you!