Notices

I can do this right?

Old 04-03-2013, 08:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I can do this right?

Hey peeps.
I have had a very stressful night. There is no escape. Ive been filling out all this paperwork that deals with with the finances of going to school, which starts on Tuesday of next week. I logged into my student portal and saw all the courses that I will take. Panic set in. How many hours a week? Will I sleep? Will i eat? Will I freak out? Will I be able to do this? I dont want to let myself down. I can do this, right??? AHHHHH!!!! Breathe and post on SR.

Thats it! Thank you for reading. I also have been eating a lot of cookies.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

If I and hundreds of thousands of others could do it, you can too Miz
It'll be ok

D
Old 04-03-2013, 08:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mizzuno View Post
Hey peeps.
I have had a very stressful night. There is no escape. Ive been filling out all this paperwork that deals with with the finances of going to school, which starts on Tuesday of next week. I logged into my student portal and saw all the courses that I will take. Panic set in. How many hours a week? Will I sleep? Will i eat? Will I freak out? Will I be able to do this? I dont want to let myself down. I can do this, right??? AHHHHH!!!! Breathe and post on SR.

Thats it! Thank you for reading. I also have been eating a lot of cookies.
Yes u can Mizzuno,U can do this, ask God for help, just do one thing at a time, Break it down. We are with you in spirit. Can I have a cookie, what kind?
Old 04-03-2013, 08:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by deeker View Post
Yes u can Mizzuno,U can do this, ask God for help, just do one thing at a time, Break it down. We are with you in spirit. Can I have a cookie, what kind?

Chocolate Chip. We sell them at the Eatery. HUGE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES. Yes, of course you can have one.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

Of course you can handle all of that. One word at a time, fill out the forms. One page, one word, it will get done. It's something you really have aimed for, right??

Okay, now that the forms are done, feel proud of you and what you are about to accomplish. Maybe make a list of goals for you to follow. Then write what you might have to do....if you have a concern, call the professor and meet with them....Remember, those professors are there to make sure you will pass, that is what you are paying them to do!

Grab bags of carrots, celery, apples, things you can munch on without gaining the freshman 15 (which usually turns to the freshman 30+).

Be prepared and proactive.

You have the power to do this, you can get through anything, you are sober today!!!

I'm so excited for you! Breathe, remember to start some exercise so that in times of stress, you can do some sit-ups or take a quick walk and get rid of that extra anxiety, which might happen, but remember, you CAN do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can do this!!
Old 04-03-2013, 09:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

I love this!

Your Magnificence Knows No Boundaries
Old 04-03-2013, 09:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You are going to be a great student because you are going to be a sober student. Think how much more energy you will have now that you no longer drink. Pete Hamill said in his memoir 'A Drinking Life' that he got the feeling that he "was squeezing his talent through a tube of toothpaste." This is the kind of student you would be if you continued to drink. It would be strained and constricted. You can do this!
Old 04-03-2013, 09:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

All of
Old 04-03-2013, 09:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberween View Post
Think how much more energy you will have now that you no longer drink.
And memory retention/brain cells!! I recently got back into programming and it is SO much easier and I can actually remember the "code."

Like that Bearded guy hawkin the beer, "Stay sober my friend!" (I know, I know its not "sober" but what the heck! )
Old 04-03-2013, 09:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

How are ya doing!?! Just got home and logged in. Breath! And fill in long form... Breath! And fill in some more! You can do it and we are your loudest cheerleaders! Picture yourself all smart and all up in exciting books! You got this girl!!!
Old 04-03-2013, 09:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I wish I could be here for you right now. You're such a good person. You keep on being good.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Karissaleigh View Post
How are ya doing!?! Just got home and logged in. Breath! And fill in long form... Breath! And fill in some more! You can do it and we are your loudest cheerleaders! Picture yourself all smart and all up in exciting books! You got this girl!!!
I'm great now. Finished the papers. A few more phone conversations and I'm set. I am excited. I know this will be fabulous. Thanks. I can do this! My new Mantra.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
I wish I could be here for you right now. You're such a good person. You keep on being good.
You are there for me. Thanks Trach. You touched my heart.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Sobriety? Of course you can! You've already been doing it!

Paper work? Oh sure you can do it, might not want to, but you can do it