Notices

my first posting

Old 04-02-2013, 11:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy my first posting

Hello everyone, I am a fellow heroin/oxycontin addict whom is trying to stay clean and successfully detox off of suboxone now. I was in a methadone clinic for the past two years, after being addicted to oxycontin for the previous 6 years before that. I moved to San Diego, CA with my boyfriend in January, where we both detoxed off of the methadone by using suboxone instead, but then we both began doing heroin within a week or two after arriving. Obviously we didnt make it out there long before having to come home, because we quickly developed a $1200 per month habit, and San Diego is already an extremely expensive city. I think we were both hoping that if we up and moved across the country, that we would magically be able to live sober lives without putting in any effort. But we both discovered that you cant run away from addiction, and no matter what city you live in, you will always be an addict, whether recovering or not.

SO, here we are back in Michigan, broke, living separately at our parents houses, back on suboxone, and struggling. I dont have health insurance, and my boyfriend is a veteran of the Navy, so we were using his VA insurance (medicare) to get the suboxone prescriptions in California, so since being home, I am now stuck without any way to get suboxone for myself, and have only half of an 8mg strip left. When I first started taking suboxone in california, I had gone from 120mg of methadone to 16mg of suboxone each day, and rapidly decreased the suboxone down to 2mg from 16mg within 2 weeks, but then began doing the heroin at the first sign of discomfort from the suboxone withdrawls. Now, I cant seem to make it 4 or 5 days without HAVING to take at least 4mg of suboxone again, which then starts the cycle over again, very frustrating! I also am suffering from extreme insomnia, and have only slept 7 hours in 4 days, and Ive tried EVERY sleeping pill out there from benedryl to ambien and NOTHING will help!

Sorry for such a long babbling post, I tend to ramble on, especially since ive been stuck inside my parents house for the past month with nothing but chills, aches, and cravings to keep me company. If anyone has any advice id greatly appreciate it! Thanks!
Old 04-02-2013, 11:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My issue is alcohol, I've only dabbled in pills here and there, but hey, it's all related. The insomnia part sucks. It's probably part of withdrawls. I wish I could offer some better advice, but I'm new. Hang in there.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR 21stCentury

It sounds like a rough cycle you're in,. Maybe the best thing to do is find a local doctor and get their advice?

I don't have any experience with subs myself but others will be along to share their experience.

we also have a sub forum here
Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

as well as a more general substance abuse forum
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 04-03-2013, 04:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad you found us!
Old 04-03-2013, 07:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing, I wish you luck in your recovery. Stay strong and try to remember why you're here when the demons come a knockin'. All the best, keep posting, it helps.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

There is some great AA/NA in Michigan.

In NA you will find many oldtimers who have overcome addiction and they would be glad to show you how as well.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 04-04-2013, 02:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I would like to say thank you to all of you who responded to my first posting. I really appreciate all of the support and i am SO thankful to have found this site!! I cant believe I have been an addict for almost a decade and didnt know about this site until now! It helps me so much to be able to login and see that there are others out there who are just like me, and see what has worked for all of you, to give me hope and suggestions. Thanks everyone!