Notices

Can't make it past 2 weeks

Old 04-02-2013, 08:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Buddhist

Can't make it past 2 weeks

I've been trying for two years to quit and falling down the same routine. Quit for a bit and try moderation, then recently did two weeks living healthy and going to the gym and on Sunday I messed up. The morning I drank and later that night and today I'm drinking my last beer and going to attempt quitting again.

I think I lost my GF, avoided meeting up with her cause I was drinking and I'm scared to tell her I have a problem. Its a violent war I have with alcohol, I love being sober I get things done and enjoy my day but somehow I keep going back its depressing and I hate myself today.

I've never tried AA but I emailed a couple emails I found for my city today so hopefully all works out well because I don't really have anybody anymore since I stopped partying. I just needed to rant because I have no where else to go
Old 04-02-2013, 08:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I suspect AA is a good option. If you've made it to two weeks you can make it to three weeks, and the four and then . . .
Old 04-02-2013, 08:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome

I think the key is to try something different, to add to what you've been doing - so trying AA definitely fits the bill there

You'll find a lot of support here too - personally, I found it a lot harder to decide to drink when I was reading and posting here everyday...you really get a sense of what that decision really means that way.

good to have you join us
D
Old 04-02-2013, 08:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Trust me, you can get past two weeks, just requires a little more effort.
Good luck!
Old 04-02-2013, 09:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Buddhist

Yeah I think I might of destroyed a relationship cause of this problem... I just want this night to end and start off fresh. I tried to make it to my car today but the anxiety took over badly.

I thought I could do this myself but I'm having doubts.. thx for the kind replies
Old 04-02-2013, 09:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I destroyed a relationship/friendship the other day too. Don't beat yourself up, it's sadly par for the course. I'm familiar with the anxiety, sadly.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

AA is not a moderation group. The idea is to quit totally. Just show up at a meeting. Most groups do not even have email addresses, just a date and time of their regularly scheduled meetings.