Notices

Day 1

Old 04-05-2013, 12:13 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sasha4 View Post
Hi Unseen

I know how you feel about a clean house and empties and mess.
Tackle it one room at a time.
Get the windows open, let lots of fresh air in.
Boil kettles of hot water and clean with water as hot as possible.
I try and do one job a day in my home so I keep on top of it.

I'm sure when your surroundings are clean you will feel better.

Don't worry about the sleep, it will come.
Maybe try a warm milky drink on a night time, that might help.
You won't die from lack of sleep. You can die from too much drink.

Keep going, you are doing amazing my friend!
Thank you! My apartment only has 2 rooms and one is a bathroom. The other room is my living room/bedroom/kitchen/dining room, haha. I guess that's a good thing because it shouldn't take too long to clean. At the rate my sleep has been improving, I think I'll have a full night of sleep before I hit a week of sobriety. If not, I'll just have to wait a bit longer. It still beats the crap out of a hangover. Thanks for the encouraging words! Oh, and what does boiling a kettle of water do?
Old 04-05-2013, 12:19 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Makes the water super hot!!!
The hotter the water the cleaner your plates!

xx
Old 04-05-2013, 12:31 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Day 4! Sleep was better, but still a little weird. I got a good 4 hours then woke up from a crazy nightmare and it was off and on from there. Still better than yesterday though. My day is off to a good start and I've got it all planned out to get even better. I feel a lot of energy despite the sleep issues. I expect it to get easier and easier, but from reading other posts on here, I know an especially hard day will come out of nowhere. I think I'm building up my strength to face it though if/when it does come. Until then, Day 4 is looking pretty bright (literally and metaphorically). Gonna hit up the beach this afternoon. Aloha!
Old 04-05-2013, 12:33 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Makes the water super hot!!!
The hotter the water the cleaner your plates!

xx
Thanks. I'll need some gloves though. My water heater alone is enough to burn my hands pretty bad when it's on full blast.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:51 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Day 4 under your belt, well at least in Ohio time. It's 5 hours behind out there in Paradise. Breath some of that fresh floral Hawaiin air in for us Buckeyes. We may not have the Ocean up here in Northeastern Ohio but we've got Lake Erie! Lol. Ok ok I know but we DO have the greatest Amusement Park in the World. Cedar Point. Yezzir! Keep up the good work brother.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:23 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
~sb

It's not really the hot water, it's about the scrubbing.

xa-speakers.org listen to AA talks there!

Congrats on getting sober and working on staying stopped!!
Old 04-05-2013, 10:24 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

We do this together!
Old 04-06-2013, 09:21 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hefner View Post
Day 4 under your belt, well at least in Ohio time. It's 5 hours behind out there in Paradise. Breath some of that fresh floral Hawaiin air in for us Buckeyes. We may not have the Ocean up here in Northeastern Ohio but we've got Lake Erie! Lol. Ok ok I know but we DO have the greatest Amusement Park in the World. Cedar Point. Yezzir! Keep up the good work brother.
Thanks! I've actually spent most of my life right by Lake Erie. I'm originally from just outside of Buffalo, NY. And I've been through Ohio multiple times. Honestly, living in Hawaii, I miss the changing seasons sometimes. I'll be leaving Hawaii once I graduate though so I'm trying to enjoy it as much as I can. I know I'll miss it once I'm gone.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:27 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Thanks Sugarbear and Deeker! I'm almost done with day 5 now! Sleep still kind of sucks but again, it was better than the previous night. I was a little worried about the weekend, but I'm feeling good. Friday night I kept myself busy and I'm spending my Saturday night reading Metamorphoses by Ovid and I think I'm going to go for a run once it's dark out. If temptation comes knocking, I've got some Diet Coke on standby. Hope everyone is having a good weekend! And thanks again to everyone who has encouraged me so far. You've all been a tremendous help!
Old 04-06-2013, 10:13 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Getting through the first weekend is a biggie - congratulations!
Old 04-07-2013, 12:34 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I've read through the whole thread and it is fantastic to see how your posts have changed from being those of confusion, to clarity. Congratulations on doing so well. Have a sober and productive day.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:05 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shauninspain View Post
I've read through the whole thread and it is fantastic to see how your posts have changed from being those of confusion, to clarity. Congratulations on doing so well. Have a sober and productive day.
Thanks for reading. I'm glad you enjoyed it. That first day was really terrible. I felt so awful that I didn't think I could do it or that I was even worth the effort. I felt like dirt. It's amazing what just a few days can do for a person's life. And a sober and productive day to you too, Shaun
Old 04-07-2013, 11:21 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

It is the morning of day 6 and I am happy to announce I have finally had a full night of restful sleep. It feels so good. I did a somewhat intense workout yesterday evening and then went for a run so the exhaustion probably helped a lot. Afterwards I ended my Saturday night watching batman, eating popcorn, and feeling very happy. I had an enjoyable and productive weekend without any booze and I can't remember the last time I've been able to say that. I hope all of you had a good weekend too and are enjoying your Sunday!
Old 04-07-2013, 11:39 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

You have done great!
Did you wake up happy?
Old 04-07-2013, 11:49 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

You have done great!
Did you wake up happy?
Yes, very happy. It's a VERY noticeable change and it feels REALLY good. It's tough to describe.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:23 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

And many more to come my friend. You are at another benchmark. One week! Very happy for you. If you hit ANY rough spells, and it's almost inevitable, you now have armed yourself with a couple of weapons. You have proven that it is possible for you to do this AND you can immediately get your butt on this website and post a thread, kind of an S.O.S and we will be here to help like only people who have been THERE can. Also glad to hear that you slept good finally. It may take another week it may take another month but you will get to a point where your life will just be normal again only without alcohol. School, working out, beach etc . . . Stay the course and congrats on closing in on your first week!
Old 04-07-2013, 08:42 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hefner View Post
And many more to come my friend. You are at another benchmark. One week! Very happy for you. If you hit ANY rough spells, and it's almost inevitable, you now have armed yourself with a couple of weapons. You have proven that it is possible for you to do this AND you can immediately get your butt on this website and post a thread, kind of an S.O.S and we will be here to help like only people who have been THERE can. Also glad to hear that you slept good finally. It may take another week it may take another month but you will get to a point where your life will just be normal again only without alcohol. School, working out, beach etc . . . Stay the course and congrats on closing in on your first week!
Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it. It feels really good. I keep thinking about how last Sunday felt, and I never want to feel like that again. My morning was great and my day has been very productive. I got a bunch of homework and reading done. And yeah, I know I'll have a bad day eventually and I'll take your advice about coming right on here and either posting or just reading other posts. Either one makes me feel good. Here's to another week!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:07 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I haven't posted in a few days because school has been pretty demanding of my time this week. I'm on day 11 now and still going strong. Yesterday was the first day that the little nagging voice in my head tried really hard at convincing me that I should drink. I was actually considering it, and that kind of upsets me now. I ultimately decided to go home and have a diet coke instead and I actually felt fine once I was home. I'm a little scared that the voice will get stronger and it might be harder to say no. I love being sober though. It's already having a noticeable effect on how I feel in classes and how I get my work done. I participate more in discussions, I write better notes, and I'm actually starting my homework prior to the night before it is due. My mood is also significantly more positive. I know that I don't want to drink, but that voice REALLY wanted to convince me otherwise.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:40 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hang in there man. It may get harder before it gets better but don't give in to that voice. Remember. I was there also. I went through it. And I'm sober. You're gonna do this. Any questions let me know or inbox me. Congrats on 11 days!