Notices

i give up, but gave it my all, again, so tired...........

Old 04-02-2013, 11:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I've slipped tons off times and know how bad it can feel....
All the money wasted,the blackouts,what did I do's.loss of jobs,dissapointed family....

Can't give up,of course not,gotta keep trying

You can do it!,I know you can and so do you!!!
Old 04-03-2013, 12:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I really didn't think I could get sober. Drinking was such a normal part of my daily life and my coping mechanism. I tried and tried to quit and after each time going back to drinking I gave up and really didn't think I could do it. I felt weak and guilty and didn't think I had the strength to quit.But you know,there was just something that told me I could do this. So I quit again and now at nearly 4 months. By even posting here shows you have that something and do want to quit.You CAN do this
Old 04-03-2013, 03:47 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

You can quit. We all can quit. We deserve a life without this misery, all of us. That is the first essential realization, because without this we are scuppered. I had to thump this one into my noggin.

The second realization is that drinking is done. Finished. A completed action in the past. For me, it flipped from a daily or even hourly act into one that not only cannot happen again, it will not happen again. Because I say so, that's why, and I am in charge. Drinking again is not OK, and it will never be OK. In any amount and at any time.

This is what is needed, and there ain't no other way forward for people like us. I hope you find yourself at this junction, Raja. Your life is waiting for you.