Notices

11 days of not drinking

Old 04-03-2013, 07:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Stay tough bud.
I'll be around if you need a break and just wanna BS.
5 pages? Heck. You could prolly do that in your sleep anyway.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:38 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Hey Acheleus, I honestly don't know what to say as far as loss & grief. Sry to hear what u've been thru. As far as your time, folks w/ 11,21,31 yrs sobriety didn't start there but where u r. You're @ the right place @ the right time. Don't know if u have sponsor & or network but that's great place to start getting some strong lasting friendships coz this disease will lie to u that once or twice a wk is fine but u'll get worse esp when u're alone & all that grief comes bearing down on u. If drinking made things easier then the whole world would be alkis! I'm in the middle of learning how to deal w/ everyday crap w/o pouring a drink over it & @ 1st it was HARD. Now, my next reaction is what's a solution & if can't come up w/ anything, then its time to go to a meeting or two. However many, to change the way I feel instead of drinking now to chg the way I feel.
I hope I was helpful & pray God ministers & gives you the comfort only He can provide.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

ach and scout, I am really happy you have become friends. Scout you have been so positive and help me too and Ach even though you are struggling I need you. You help me. You help me remember what it was like the 1st few weeks and make me grateful for where I am at today. But like someone said, we all had to go through the rough first few weeks or even months but stay close to us here and your AA meetings. It's gets better. I promise. Keep venting and no matter what, let's make a pact. We come in here and ask for help before we pick up a drink. ok? WE don't pick up no matter what. We can do that one day at a time right? Remember feelings pass.

Now go write your paper ACH!
Old 04-03-2013, 08:02 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

It's a deal, deeker.
Acheleus has helped me out a lot, too. I want to hang in there with him.
The folks here have been tremendous. I guess being positive was what I was like before being in the throes of drinking all the time. Maybe the "real" me is pokin' out? I dunno.
I do know that I can make that deal with you.
Thanks for your kind words. It really, really, really does help.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:32 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

The deal sounds good to me. Be strong everybody. This place helps me open up and realize how many of my negative thoughts are irrational.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:44 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Checkin' in with deeker and Acheleus.
Took the mutt for a tennis ball rampage this morning, and hit the water.
At my desk, staring at yet another blank screen. >< Seems my mind is just blank from any "good" drawings. Gah!
But, I'm here. I'm doin' good, and it was a beautiful morning.
Hope you two are well, and look forward to catching up later.
Best.
Scout The Ball.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:49 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

It took a little time for my creativity to resurface too. Not easy I know, but try and be patient Scoutie

D
Old 04-04-2013, 06:48 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Well I had a cold and rainy 13th day of sobriety. Two weeks tomorrow! I finished the paper but the teacher was sick so it is not due until next week. So stayed up all night for nothing. Another one is due at nine in the morning so I must finish that tonight. I felt calm today and I ate at a restaurant alone without feeling any anxiety or the urge to order alcohol. I hope everyone had a good day. I smiled and laughed today--genuine laughter--which I have not experienced in months. Tomorrow is the true test however because I was a weekend binge drinker. So I will plan to cook for myself and read Moby-Dick. I also didn't have a cigarette today. Once I hit the dating scene I don't want to stink so I am not going to smoke. Since I quit drinking I have less desire to smoke. One thing at a time.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:23 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I cannot stop laughing tonight. Something about these online dating sites just makes me hysterical. How did I get matched to a slew of ghetto fabulous women? Dang..