Notices

I'm healthy-ish

Old 04-02-2013, 02:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm healthy-ish

So I just got back all my test results and it turns out I'm mostly healthy - at least no kidney or liver issues. I do apparently have slightly high cholesterol which came as a bit of a shock since I'm not overweight. It turns out if you eat terribly all the time you can still have high cholesterol.

I'm not too worried about that now that I'm eating rabbit food all the time and biking everywhere on my new birthday bike. We'll check back in on these things in a few months. I'd like to be able to say I'm all the way healthy.

Getting the news that I'm mostly okay did actually serve as a wake up call. I haven't been on here as much as I should be and to me that's a very bad sign. I'm starting to slide into leniency and that's a place I don't want to go. SR is my recovery group and I need to rely on you more.

The good news is I'm starting to feel used to sober life. It feels doable now where it didn't in the beginning. I now know that I can handle stressful encounters and come out on top, without alcohol. Now my own worst enemy is just complacency. I can't allow myself to think I can handle drinking. I can't. I don't want to try. I'd rather learn how to handle living.

Sorry for babbling. I didn't really think this post through, just had to get some words out.

<3
Old 04-02-2013, 02:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Amelia99 View Post
I now know that I can handle stressful encounters and come out on top, without alcohol<3
This is a great positive step. Each time you get through such a situation, you will be even more strong and capable.

I'm glad to hear that your health is good and that you're exercising.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you're doing well Amelia - good to see you again

D
Old 04-02-2013, 03:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Amelia99 View Post
I do apparently have slightly high cholesterol which came as a bit of a shock since I'm not overweight. It turns out if you eat terribly all the time you can still have high cholesterol.
Glad you're healthy. Extra weight can contribute to high cholesterol levels, but many thin people have horrible cholesterol levels. Genetics is one factor, but I believe lifestyle choices are the biggest factors, diet, lack of exercise and smoking are all major contributers to high cholesterol levels.

The good news is you can take action and lower your numbers.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You're not babbling, you're speaking with friends.