Notices

newbie looking for some support :)

Old 04-01-2013, 07:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

newbie looking for some support :)

Im not going to make a really long post but basically im at a point in my life where ive learned that im addicted to opiates. Never though i was until i tried to stop and cant. Im 25 and started with them about 2 years ago.. percs that is.. started out doing a 30 here and there along with my boyfriend, bought a house last year and said we would stop and it just got worse. We both have really good jobs and now struggling financially, relationship gone to ****, no friends, and decided tonight its our last night and need to stop. Spent the last $80 we had and didnt even get high! I do basically 1-4 perc 30s a day.. when i get a big paycheck theres times ive done 10. Im here looking for support to help me fight this and get through this and get my life back. My bf is doing them with me and its hard because we both give in easy but we decided were done. I just want my life back... every time we try and stop it never happens. No one else knows about our problem which is why im posting on here! The worst part is getting through work and restless legs at night and no motivation which os why i relapse. Im ready to let go and any advice and support is appreciated!
Old 04-01-2013, 07:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cargirl View Post
. Im ready to let go and any advice and support is appreciated!
Get to an NA meeting asap, both of you. It will give you great hope and you will find support and people around your age. Here is a link to an Audio NA Basic text. Try to sit down and listen to it with your boyfriend.

Narcotics Anonymous Basic Text Audio 5th edition

Start with step 1 . It's not the whole book but it is helpful. Also you can listen to this you tube vidoe and get a feel for the program. I go to NA as well as AA. I will be happy to answer any questions you have.

Step 1 of the 12 steps of Alcoholics Anonymous
Old 04-01-2013, 08:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks ill check it out! We actually went to an NA meeting, forgot to mention i was arrested a year ago :/ even that didnt break the cycle! We were actually just talking about going to one... our families are very judgemental and the friends i did have also do drugs... so i deleted everyones # and plan to keep my phone off the next few days to resist any tempation. The hardest part is having people to talk to which we dont which is why im here now thanks again!
Old 04-01-2013, 08:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cargirl View Post
Thanks ill check it out! We actually went to an NA meeting, forgot to mention i was arrested a year ago :/ even that didnt break the cycle! We were actually just talking about going to one... our families are very judgemental and the friends i did have also do drugs... so i deleted everyones # and plan to keep my phone off the next few days to resist any tempation. The hardest part is having people to talk to which we dont which is why im here now thanks again!
Yep well you will find that fellowship in meetings, try to go to as many as you can. Makes staying clean a heck of a lot easier.