Notices

Random Question

Old 04-01-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Huh?

Random Question

I know it's said that in the first 30 days, it's considered extremely important to take a B vitamin complex in order to repair any alcoholic brain damage.

So is it useless to take it after 30 days? I have barely taken it at all.

Now that I'm at...*counts* 76 days? sober, will taking a B vitamin complex do any more good for me than a non-alcoholic taking the same pill?

In other words, is it important in the first 30 days because that's the only/most *important time* that it will help the body repair itself?

Did I miss the window to heal my brain damage?
Old 04-01-2013, 05:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You'd really have to talk to a nutritionist on this question. I have no idea. I'd say it can't hurt to start now. Ask a professional for an accurate answer.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Can't hurt and your brain seems to be working splendidly. Not a doctor but I believe our brains heal the longer we are away from alcohol.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Gosh, I don't think Vitamin B complex is guaranteed to heal anything. But, I think it does help with stress. I have taken B complex for years. It's always a good idea to talk to your dr about taking new vitamins.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

As you can imagine, I will say - always talk to your doctor or nutritionist about taking vitamins or supplements - however, what I can tell you is what I know: with vitamins, the body starts fresh every day. You wake up in the morning and everything has been digested and is working it's way through you - I don't think it's ever a bad idea to replenish your nutrients every day. I don't know if it will cure everything or anything, but I don't think it will hurt.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

Alcohol changes the stomach lining. It won't absorb B vitamin(s) (not sure if it's one or all B vitamins). Now is a good time to take vitamin B as the brain will continue to heal.