Notices

Thank you!!

Old 04-01-2013, 02:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face Thank you!!

Thank you for responding to my first post yesterday. I think my symptoms are PAWS and never thought of that until I read your replies. I really appreciate the insight. My sponsor hasn't mentioned that, and another woman in AA told me I should sponsor someone to get me out of myself. I don't really think I am ready for that so i am going to hold off on that suggestion! I think AA is great but I also think I may be overwhelming myself with it so i am going to cut meetings back to 3 a week and see how that goes.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

When I did AA I used to average 3 meetings a week. Any more and I would begin to get resentments, and it became a slog to go to them. I was also told that sponsorship should only be undertaken after all the steps had been completed. I certainly wouldn't want the responsibility of sponsoring someone is I was still going through them. Take care.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, that is exactly how I feel with all these meetings. And I agree about the sponsorship. i had always heard you should have at least a year, so I was a little surprised at her advice. Thanks so much for yours!
Old 04-01-2013, 03:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm also surprised at the advice of sponsoring someone to "get out of yourself". To my knowledge that's not what sponsorship is all about. It's about helping a newcomer work the steps and have always heard you should have a year of sobriety before sponsoring someone.