Old 04-07-2013, 04:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
The Long and Winding Road....

Hey guyver...we are here for you and u can lean on us

peace v
Old 04-07-2013, 06:12 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Guyver,
The situation that you are in is somewhere many of us have been before...I seriously feel you have tons of resentment and self-pity in you....Hence quitting alcohol is not a solution....It is only a beginning....Once you quit and are clear headed you will see for yourself where you are heading....
You have to do three things with utmost priority
1) Quit alcohol IMMEDIATELY.
2) Find the nearest A.A meet and start attending AA meetings...Find a AA sponsor IMMEDIATELY.
3) Visit you local church/temple/whatever you place of worship is and start a dialogue with GOD IMMEDIATELY.
In AA we say that alcoholism is a spiritual disease...we need to take steps to become spiritually stronger.
Then it is your life....You decide what is best for you.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:21 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I noticed similar signs regarding the gurgling. My health deteriorated to the point where scabs would not heal, bruises would not go away, and every trip to the bathroom would produce something unknown. Not a fun place to be, I am sorry you are going through this. Quitting drinking is the only option - do you have a plan or support system to quit?
Old 04-07-2013, 10:23 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Guyver, a lot of good advice has been given, so I won't repeat what's already been said.

Do you have the means to move to a new location?
Old 04-07-2013, 11:47 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Guyver, you are not being forced to quit. You can always keep on drinking and screw the consequences. Of course, that means you will die quite a bit earlier than most people and it won't be a pretty or pleasant death. But, if that's what you choose rather than giving up drinking, nobody can stop you. Get it out of your head that you are being forced. Whatever decision you make, you need to take charge of it and take responsibility for making it work or accepting whatever consequences come along.

The scumbags are not making you drink. Your environment is not making you drink. You are doing it.

If you stop drinking, it's quite probable that other options will open up for you to make your life more enjoyable and interesting. If you can type on this forum there are other things you can do -- read, create art, woodworking. But if you try to do these things drunk, they will never take off. Watching TV is *about* the only thing that seems to work while drunk. Even so, I still occasionally come across things that I KNOW I watched, but I don't remember a damn thing about them because at the time I watched them I was totally blasted. However lousy you think your life is, I can pretty much guarantee that the whiskey is making it 100 times worse. Whether you know it or not.

You can quit drinking. Or not. It's your choice.