Notices

alcohol gastritis...

Old 02-16-2017, 06:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

alchohol acid reflux

hi paddler,

did your gastristis resolved ? how long it took for you to be free of symptoms and what medication did you use.
i appreciate your time and help.

thx
Old 02-16-2017, 06:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi redmalli

Paddler may not be around as this thread is from 2013.

We can't give you advice on meds or anything - for one thing everyone's different and secondly, thats against our medical advice policy.

If you're worried about your health, see your Dr or get a second opinion from another Dr.?

Dee
SR
Old 02-16-2017, 08:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Stop drinking. It is not worth it Paddler. I experienced the same issues and it just gets worse the longer you drink. I would try to come up with a plan to stop drinking which includes a wellness plan (exercise, diet to reduce gastritis, appt with gastroenterologist and PCP).
Old 02-16-2017, 08:50 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm so glad to read this article. It will be two weeks for me tomorrow (sober), and my stomach is settling. I am eating a lot of carbs...so there are times when I see feel overly full & bloated, and then the next minute i'm ravenously hungry (I don't think I'm really hungry - but the gastritis makes me feel that way.)

I can't drink alcohol like i used to. After even the first drink, i feel bloated and want to throw up. There are times I've even gagged trying to drink alcohol as my stomach literally wanted to throw up, but I wanted the buzz. I can't believe how desperate I was.

The stomach issues...im glad I'm not alone in this!
Old 02-17-2017, 04:15 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Still around :)

I was excited to get the notification.

I'm still around and check in here some. I have a little over one year of what I would call true recovery. God took my desire to drink and it hasn't returned. I keep my tools ready through occasional AA, (contact with my sponsor, and daily reflections.)

Anyway, my stomach issues completely resolved after about a month of sobriety.

I was vomiting every day. Bile. Nasty, burning liquid ****...

Cleared up. Gone.

No cramps, no symptoms, no nausea, nothing since about two to three weeks after my last drink.

It gets better.

I can't get enough sweets though.

Finally quitting was the best thing I ever did. I owe it to god as I was very very far gone. Just look at all the threads I posted while seeking answers. Ultimately seeking a way to hold on to the bottle.

When I finally gave in to sobriety everything in my life improved.

Especially my relationship with my wife and kids.

Totally worth it. Best of luck. I get it.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:48 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Paddler View Post
I have a little over one year of what I would call true recovery. God took my desire to drink and it hasn't returned. I keep my tools ready through occasional AA, (contact with my sponsor, and daily reflections.)
This post has made my day!
Old 07-26-2017, 07:31 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Tinnitus

This sounds like what I went through a few months back.

I wanted to ask though, did you also start experiencing Tinnitus.

I think my stomach is about done healing. Though I think those panic attacks brought along Tinnitus since.

Anyone else experience this.
Old 07-26-2017, 07:41 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Love that you saw this notification, and posted about your recovery Paddler!! I think that is one of the difficult things about this site, sometimes people disappear, and we are never sure what happened to them. I like to think they are off enjoying sobriety, and in your case it was true!
Old 07-26-2017, 07:43 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Love your avatar paddler!
Old 07-26-2017, 10:04 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thank you for such a well written post on exactly how I feel after a binge. I have spent so much time trying to find the right antidote (Xantax for heartburn, vitamin b complex melt aways ...) and not enough energy on the actual source causing all of those issues. Which is why I am here again, rounding out my first day.

Not to mention the horrible bloat. I can't fit into my clothes anymore. I feel disgusting and disgusted. I will re-read your post if I ever feel temptation again. I'm ready to treat my body with kindness.
Old 09-01-2017, 03:26 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hey I recently have been diagnosed with alcohol gastritis and been in the ER twice because of withdrawal , they gave me Valium for the shakes and still all I could think of was once I got out I'm getting some wine that's the only thing that will help me , I need some help and advice as to how to go threw these withdrawals as I'm still drinking and because I vomit uncontrollably in the morning if I don't have a glass once I wake up , I was recently pregnant and have a 7 month old baby girl I love her so much and my boyfriend lost his job so with the stress after she went to bed I would have a couple glasses of wine and then it turned into having some during the day as he was watching her now my body needs it and since I'm like this he can't go back to work until I get better so I need to get better but once I go 15 hours without I get the shakes and almost like goose bumps on th backs of my thighs I vomit uncontrollably and it's like bile , I also have no appetite what so ever I force myself to eat and it's only like a slice of pizza a day and take a multi vitamin, I'm on pantoprazole magnesium but still drinking although I've came down from drinking 2 bottles a day to 1 I'm starting to get pain in my chest and esophagus so I need to quit altogether but am so scared of these withdrawals. HELP
Old 09-01-2017, 05:00 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

That stomach pain can easily become pancreatitis. Which was excruciating.
Stop while you can.
My stomach hasn't been the same since.
Add in diabetes, a destroyed thyroid and fatty liver. Continuing to drink would have been certain slow, painful death.
BTW I only drank hard for 5 years. I didn't drink at all for 4 years before that and occasionally before that. I'm 40.
72 days sober and I wouldn't dream of a drop.
Jules
Old 09-01-2017, 09:36 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Thanks for reminder ! I used to suffer exactly the same

Don't think I've taken a tum or rennie in few months now !

Bad old days ! Everything gets better sober
Old 09-01-2017, 11:24 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Its taken my digestive system a month to settle down . I remember how bad I used to dry heave in the morning , thanks for reminding me
Old 09-01-2017, 04:40 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Irishgirl

really, if you have gastritis and youre still drinking, there's not going to be much improvement at all. If you're worries about withdrawal why not see a Dr again?

Ask about your treatment options as a young mum who needs help to stay sober?

D

D
Old 06-15-2018, 07:24 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Awesome post and it will be my come back to often. About a year ago I decided to quit drinking as I was starting to drink too much and I was having stomach problems and acid reflux as well. I quit for 5 months and one evening decided to have a glass of wine and was soon back up to drinking a bottle a night of the red stuff. Well this time around the stomach problems seem to be worse and the acid reflux is getting worse as well. I went one day with no problems and then the next night (last night) binged on a good bottle and a half of wine. So, today I am Hell bent on saying goodbye to this addiction altogether as I remember how well I felt when I gave it up for 5 months. I hope to frequent back to this post from time to time to see how others are doing as well. Thanks paddler for sharing your story and wishing you many many more years of clean living.