# 41 (permalink)  
Kys

So far so good. Well into the night.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:32 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Kys View Post
Now to tackle day 2!
I love the action verb you used. A lot of us used to sit back and wait for sobriety to come and find us. Waiting for that magical lightning bolt to give us a heavenly shocking that fixes us.

Never going to happen that way. If you want sobriety, GO GET IT!
Old 04-05-2013, 03:49 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Kys

And that's day 2 down! About to go to bed, feel a bit better tonight than I did last night, wasn't as 'lost'.

Old 04-06-2013, 05:01 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Kys

Day three accomplished

Last night (Friday) was a challenge for me. I started having thoughts about drinking but I know I need to invest in being sober above anything right now. Tonight was a bigger challenge being Saturday, the last night of the weekend I could write myself off and not have to worry about work the next day - a challenge but I did it!

I've never gone as far as four days (tomorrow) but I'm feeling at least that some of the harder days have been conquered. I'm feeling very positive about it.

I've had to remove myself from most social situations at least for the short term until I can remain sober for a period long enought to get clear head, and just as importantly, a clear strategy on tackling this ongoing to remain in control and sober. I've missed the social interactions, especially because almost all of my trouble drinking is at home. But right now avoiding any alcohol situation is what I need at least for this week or so. As much as I do feel like I'm missing out on being out.

Any thoughts on my message right now? Am I showing/writing anything that you have seen that might potentially get me off track?

One day at a time is really helping me right now, and this forum is absolutely invaluable.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:48 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I think that you are doing great..!!☺