Notices

day 9...

Old 03-29-2013, 02:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 9...

I am on day 9 of getting off opiates. I am highly addicted because of injuries. I am in pain, but can't take the pills in my life. I have been using sub strips to help with wds. They are helping. I'm not seeing a dr. I can't afford one, and the waiting lists, and costs of sub clinics are too much. I'm hoping I am off the pills forever after this. I've been in a rut for so long. I have been on pills for 14 years. I plan on weaning myself off within a week or two in the future. Any info will help. Any stories will help. I can get the strips for $25 each...lasting all day cut into smaller strips. I don't take a whole or a half at a time..just smaller strips used thru out the day. I was spending $200 or more a day on the pills after losing my dr a year ago this April. I begged her to put me on suboxone then, and she said absolutely not...I was an actual pain patient. So, here i am doing it on my own. I tried cold turkey using this site as support a couple of years ago, but got so very sick by day 4 I was back to getting the pills. This time i plan on making sobriety happen.