Notices

I screwed up AGAIN!!!

Old 05-06-2004, 10:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Re: I screwed up AGAIN!!!

Good for you Jag! That's wonderful news!

Take care,
Missy
Old 05-06-2004, 11:43 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

WTG Lynda !

You go girl!

HUGX
Lee
Old 05-06-2004, 11:49 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Paused

Hey what great news! I am glad for you, and I know from my own experience what a freeing thing it can be to share what you are going through. You got it here, and then you found the strength to go the next step further. What I have discovered (for me) is that sharing my pain and my secrets lessens them... especially when I am able to do it with people just like me and there are millions of us online and in meetings, so I never run out of people who can understand me and have been where I have been.

So happy for you that you got that little taste of freedom! With freedom comes responsiblity, so now you have made yourself accountable "out loud" for your choice to stop! I will keep praying for you and you have tons of support!

Yeah, you said it felt good... I know it did!
much love, amanda
eat your veggies... get recovery!
Old 05-06-2004, 12:09 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

That's so awesome! You anwered your own question in an earlier post, y'know, About establishing boundaries with your family... I think we just supported what you already knew to be the "right" thing to do. That's how wonderful a support group can be! I knew for a long time before I quit drinking that I needed to make some changes... It really took me getting immersed in the recovery community Fulltime to gain enough strength and courage to handle (avoiding altogether in some cases) situations which used to screw me up. For several months I was driving some guys to work and hitting a 7am AA meeting (aptly named "First Things First", hehe) M-Fri. That meeting helped me tremendously in establishing a routine in early recovery.
Way to go on talking to your Sister! If you're doing what you need to do for you, no more explanation should be necessary and it sounds like she understood what you were saying. That's awesome! It wasn't nearly as difficult as it seemed it would be, right?
All the Best!
-Josh