Notices

94 days sober

Old 03-28-2013, 06:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

94 days sober

I don't post often but I read this forum daily, keeps me grounded when I start feeling a little too confident.

Funny thing I planned on posting on my 90th day sober and I knew it was coming soon.....so this morning I open my calendar to see how many days till the big 90 and to my surprise I flew past it without knowing.

Things to report

1. Cravings not really bad, I've only had 2 close calls...Super Bowl Sunday and dinner out with friends but I stayed strong and it gave me more confidence going forward

2. My sleep has been great, for instance last night I slept 9 hours uninterrupted.....for me this has been the best part about staying sober.

3. I have a dr appt in 2 weeks and I can honestly say there is no anxiety what so ever in visiting the dr. In the past I always stressed about going. My dr is a very funny guy and once as he was looking at my fingernails he asked me if I was a drinker......l of course lied and said NO and asked what do my nails have to do with drinking and he said "nothing, just asking a question" with a huge smile on his face. (obviously, he knew I liked my drink)

4. I don't sweat(except at the gym) anymore, liver pain completely gone, I've stopped searching google for ways to die from alcoholism.

5. Lastly, more patience in my everyday family interactions. I'm not on my wife for taking forever to get ready or when my child asks me the same question over an over. Haha

Lots of change in a short 3 months, I hope I can continue reaping the benefits of NO DRINK
Old 03-28-2013, 06:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Awesome! Congratulations. Thanks for the positive report.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What an awesome report. Why don't you share with us how you are staying sober and give someone else hope. You sound like you are doing so well.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Always happy to hear a success story.