Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Bewildered no more, wow, never expected what actually happened

Notices

Bewildered no more, wow, never expected what actually happened

Old 03-28-2013, 10:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lightbulb Bewildered no more, wow, never expected what actually happened

"I" was not the subject of the attack. Rather it was a lunatic who highjacked the thread and made disturbing and violent statements about the mutilation and murder of my family members because I drink, basically sums it up. Other's came to my defense, LOVE YOU GUYS, then it just got shut down. I was given the direct quotes by a moderator(I think), WOW!

I will join the March group as someone suggested. I'm up and down like a roller coster, need more stability. I may find it locally too. Day 1 again.

I am so sorry that I jumped to the conclusion that the comments were somehow about my shortcomings and got defensive. Obviously haven't worked things out because I am now on DAY ONE again. I got thrown for a loop on that comments thing and ....... But I "keep coming."

You're all good people in my book.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I didn't give you a direct quote or any other information, and I don't know who did.

Please keep your personal comments about other members to PMs.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Stick around Johnny, this site has been a tremendous help to me; I am at 51 days today. Get through the first couple of weeks and it does get easier with each passing day. Expect the usual ups and downs that come with life, but the real benefit is that you will feel better physically and mentally you will be able to handle life’s drama without the hyper out-of-control chaotic overreaction that alcohol causes. Take a look at the March class thread, I think you will find a great support group there!
Old 03-28-2013, 11:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm sticking around. I think I need to really read the rules here instead of just skimming them.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Welcome Johnny. Bummer about the millisecond of drama. Now that that's over, do you have a plan for quitting drinking?
Old 03-28-2013, 11:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Hi Johnny,

I missed the drama but I am glad that Anna was able to remove the mean spirited attack promptly and that it did not chase you away from SR.
Joining the March group seems like a great idea and I hope your peers help you as much as my friends from the class of January do.
Hang in there, it does get better as you get more days sober I promise.
Also try to formulate a plan for your recovery. Looking for local support might be a good idea. There is a thread somewhere about all the different methods of recovery.
Personally I use AA, AVRT and of course this forum which I love. This combination has worked well so far. Find out what you are comfortable with and stick with your decision not to pick up no matter what.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Carlotta make a good point. Lost in the drama of your thread posting is the fact that you are struggling to stay sober. She has mentioned some great recovery choices. Pick one. Work it. Stay sober.

Good luck.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

J- good you're hanging in there.

Folks are right about having a plan. I had a zillion day ones. And I had to try a bunch of different plans before one has finally taken hold... I HOPE.

For me it's been a mix of stuff -- SR, a little AA and a bunch of anything I can find. You'll have to find out what works for you.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I would move on from any drama, and focus on your recovery, so tomorrow can be Day #2.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yes Johnny, I'm also in the Class of March thread (we call ourselves The Marchers ) and it has been a great help to me.

Everyone is so supportive, friendly and approachable. It's helped me tally up 6 days sober so far - something I haven't achieved since I started drinking heavily back in 2008!

You should definitely join, it's a great mix of people with one goal in mind - sobriety and we have a little fun along the way

All the best friend.

P.s. Pond lady you make an excellent point.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I AM ENDING THIS THREAD. NO MORE COMMENTS. I wish I could erase my own threads and had never said anything about it. And thank you for advising that I get a plan, and hoping for day 2 for me.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by johnny555 View Post
"I" was not the subject of the attack. Rather it was a lunatic who highjacked the thread and made disturbing and violent statements about the mutilation and murder of my family members because I drink, basically sums it up. Other's came to my defense, LOVE YOU GUYS, then it just got shut down. I was given the direct quotes by a moderator(I think), WOW!

I will join the March group as someone suggested. I'm up and down like a roller coster, need more stability. I may find it locally too. Day 1 again.

I am so sorry that I jumped to the conclusion that the comments were somehow about my shortcomings and got defensive. Obviously haven't worked things out because I am now on DAY ONE again. I got thrown for a loop on that comments thing and ....... But I "keep coming."

You're all good people in my book.
Johnny, IMO you're dwelling a little too much on this one, isolated issue. Let it go. There are plenty of a**holes in the world. Spending even 30 seconds arguing with, worrying about and engaging with such people is a fruitless endeavor.

Spend that energy on staying sober and building a rewarding life for yourself.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

I AM ENDING THIS THREAD. NO MORE COMMENTS.
Great idea Johnny
as my friend CarolD used to say - Forward we go...side by side....

thread closed.

D