Notices

If I knew what I was doing Id be dangerous

Old 03-27-2013, 08:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

If I knew what I was doing Id be dangerous

I have no idea how to use a forum. NO one has ever taken my thought very seriously so why should it be different now? I have been around these rooms for 25 yrs. About 4 yrs or so ago I lost my whole support group. 5 dear friends in 4 months. I gave 25 yr cakes to 2 of them and lived 22 yrs off and on with Bob Wilder who I can only say had 25 yrs without a drink, sober??? He passed away 1/2/12. My life changed drastically 11/22/11 and Im still trying to recover from that experience. I suffer from ptsd and I live in Guatay with no transportation except on Mon and Fri 11am-5pm. Thought Id try to connect with someone who might want to help me make some meeting. Well enough said for now. May the force be with you
Old 03-27-2013, 09:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((wilderone)) - Welcome to SR! Can't help you with getting to a meeting, but I can tell you reading/posting here has been a huge part of my recovery. Something about knowing so many people "get" us.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-28-2013, 12:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

We have online meetings here in the chat room if you're interested. Look in the chat forum for days and times.

I got sober with the help of this forum and my counselor. SR has been a great help to me.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR This is a great forum for support or sometimes if you just need to share. Sorry for all the losses in your life. I am glad that you found us, we are here for you!
Old 03-28-2013, 01:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

TY all for taking notice and kind replys. Im feeling closer to the ground today. The last 15 yrs have been very difficult. When a person like myself loves another human being they become a part of your soul. I have buried over 10 friends and family members in these yrs. consequently with each I lost apart of my soul. I was about to run out of breath when I finally surrenderd and accepted my plight in life. The hardest part for me right now is NO transportation. The overwhelming feeling of being ALONE on a desolate planet. Curiously when I did my 4th step the word ALONE was a predomnant theme Hmm
Old 03-28-2013, 01:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My friend, Mitch, is celebrating 47 yrs this Sunday morning.

I can't imagine being in a position where I couldn't get to meetings easily... I can walk to 5/week from my house. I moved here for that purpose.

I hang tight with the oldtimers and ask for rides often. I get to all the meetings I can. Best hour of the day.

God let me live to carry the message. I do that as often as I can.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 03-28-2013, 01:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, and you can always find support here.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR wilderone - glad to have you join us

D
Old 03-28-2013, 02:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have 2 grandchildren. They live in Denver. Never get to see them. Havent spoken to them in yrs. Im sorry to say my 2 children are lost the system. one to money the other to addiction.Their formative yrs they were taught Christ and they have refused him. We have little in common due to this choise. I Love the LORD they love either money or drugs ect. Do NOT want to hear or respect my views, consequently have no real connection with either. Breaks my heart.