Notices

Day 4!

Old 03-27-2013, 04:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4!

It was almost tempting again for me to leave this morning and grab a drink. The thought crossed my mind. Again.

I decided it's too much effort to get dressed and drive down to the store.

I don't want to face that same person who is at the counter every time and feel embarrassed.

Then I'd have to get back into the apartment with the worry that someone might be awake and realize I left then have to deal with being caught.

Even if no one was awake, I'd have to go hide in the bathroom and drink in secret, then worry about hiding it on my breath for the next several hours.

Then I'd have to figure out a way to hide the bottle because everyone knows what to look for.

Yeah, too much effort. I'm staying home.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Every singly sentence of that post described me to the letter.

I would horde bottles/cans in my closet and make stealth trips to the garbage compactor once it got out of hand, etc etc.

Welcome to SR! I'm on day 8 myself, and it feels a little easier. I know I'm getting that like "false awakening" sensation, a little too comfortable. I had some wicked cravings last night, but I drowned them with Mt Dew and video games.

Keep reading and posting, there are some invaluable and amazing people here. Congrats on your sobriety!

Old 03-27-2013, 05:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Man who stole my story? LOL It's a stupid feeling right? Feel like a kid trying to steal some candy... Also the guy at the store...well crap I better go to a different store. That running around got old for me. Wasting my time and my life. I could have been on star on the dummest video.Congrats on your sobriety!

Old 03-27-2013, 05:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

It's really exhausting trying to manage life while drinking, isn't it? - you described it perfectly....

Good for you for hanging in there. It takes a while, but the cravings really do start to fade. I found AVRT was really helpful in that regard (and coming here, of course). Congrats on day 4!
Old 03-27-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It gets to the point where all the drama just isn't worth it anymore. I was so relieved when I was finally free. Glad you made that excellent decision, Nicholi. There will come a time when you won't have it on your mind.