Notices

April, 2011

Old 03-27-2013, 02:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

April, 2011

Wow, this cracked me up. I posted the below in April, 2011. The annoying person? We are now friends and see each other all the time at mtgs. Sometimes we email/text. We are the same age. And the mtg? Well, I LOVE this one, the one I said was full of bums. Notice how I ask if there's an AA mtg for working professionals, as if I'm so much better. As if the entire room isn't working professionals (I didn't know then, but have been going long enough now to see and get to know them all). Oh wow, I was so lost.

----------

Well. The first meeting day before yesterday was awesome. I connected. This one, not so awesome. Someone celebrated a milestone, someone talked about a deceased family member who drank themselves to death. Another certain someone had me wanting to run, soooo annoying, very pompous acting, very high and mighty.

This person was pressuring others to speak out, and whenever someone said their name, HI, I'm _____ and I'm an alcoholic, they'd retort SCOTTAYYY!! or JOOHNNN!!

When someone had a tale about their spouse, said annoyance cracked up and wouldn't stop like it was the funniest thing ever. Very loud. I thought, is this one drunk?? This person obviously was a seasoned sober one, had friends and whatnot.

Why did this person bother me so much??

And is there an AA for working professionals, instead of the entire bum central group thrown in with one or two of my like minded people? That sounded bad but I hope you all know what I mean. Maybe it's just this one mtg. But this one is super close to my work and easy to get to on a daily basis.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I love your posts like this lost It's really good to look back sometimes so we can see how our mindset has changed. Glad you're doing well x
Old 03-27-2013, 03:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

I am doing well, thanks Hypochondriac. I thought I had posted long before this, but can only go back about a few months before this post. I tried to quit and made it 2 days.