Notices

My Last Attempt At Recovery

Old 04-18-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome Krysti!
I am 24 and have been sober for 28 days!
I have been drinking since I was young and alcoholism runs rapid throughout both sides of my biological parents side.
I never believed in getting help for that was a sign of weakness however, the only weakness that I was proving was not seeking help.
I am soon to be in a program that is very close to my heart; Celebrate Recovery. My church is starting up this program that is why it is very close.
I do not enjoy AA meetings due to the fact that I get high anxiety in a room full of people I do not know. That is why I quit every time and pride. I believed that I was not in that rough of shape as everyone else was that was sitting in that AA meeting. Honestly, looking back now though I do not know their stories, I was probably worse; I know I was, I refused to help myself.
What I have learned is this: If I am not willing to accept that I am an alcoholic and I am not willing to accept the fact that I DO need help; I am just failing myself.
Recovery is not weakness; it is finding new strength in yourself. The only person who can help you, is you!
SR (Sober Recovery) has helped me in so many aspects and even improving my thoughts about myself, but I know I can not just allow SR to be just my only support.
Being sober, I have found newness in life that I have never experienced from the bottom of a bottle. I find myself laughing and actually believing that I actually can have goodness in my life.
The same goes for you. You are still here and you are not what this disease makes you believe who you are: worthless, useless, out of control, friendless, unlovable, horrible, ugly, disgusting, undesirable; deserve to be trapped in a hole, buried, and left there to starve, decay and be forgotten by the world.
This you are not!
You are ALIVE, worthy, strong, successful, loveable, beautiful, cherished, desirable, changed, accepted.
Your strongest thought becomes reality; even the underlying ones that you are not even aware of will do so. In this way, you become what you think. By coming here, you have already taken steps ahead in changing your reality however, that is not enough. Now is the time to take ACTION. And the most beneficial action you can take is to become aware about yourself and your thought patterns.
You are not responsible for your first thought, but you are responsible for your next action.
Take the step, be bold, and be brave!
Once again, thank you for stopping by SR and welcome!
Old 04-18-2013, 07:50 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Kristy hay your doing great, when you want to talk to some one, please go to the chat room there are lots of great folks there
Old 04-20-2013, 10:47 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

66 days sober and I think I am getting a handle on my eating disorder too yay
Old 04-20-2013, 03:49 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go Krysti

D
Old 04-29-2013, 06:43 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Sober 75 days today tomorrow my next challenge giving up all soda also gone 3 weeks without binging so I am doing pretty good except sleeping too much and having depression and strange thinking
Old 04-29-2013, 06:54 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi ENDSTAGE I JUST WANTED TO SAY YOU ARE AWESOME AND I LOVE HOW YOU LOOK TO THE BIBLE OR GOD FOR SUPPORT I AM A WICCAN MYSELF AND I LOOK TO THE GODDESS AND GOD FOR HELP BUT I HAVE A DEEP RESPECT FOR TRUE CHRISTIANS WHO FOLLOW LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AND JUDGE NOT LEST YE BE JUDGED
Old 04-29-2013, 07:47 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Krysti -
You are welcome.
I only speak from truth and experience.
I am proud of you for taking the steps you have been taking.
It really does take courage from a person to come forward and admit that they have an issue; deeper strength to make a life worth living change to become who you want to be, not who you were yesterday.
Keep up the outstanding and positive outlook on life.
Through these rough times, greater things are yet to come!
Old 05-04-2013, 06:33 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

80 days sober today matches my personal best tomorrow will be a new record
Old 05-05-2013, 04:56 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Awesome Job. day 45 for me today. Person best in 5 years!!!!!!!!!!! Keep Rock'n Steady!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2013, 02:55 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Sober 88 days today Tuesday is 90 days so proud I think I finally get the demon of alcohol but I must be vigilant so it doesn't bite me again
Old 05-12-2013, 07:09 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
oak

Congrats Krysti!!! Way to go!
Old 05-12-2013, 07:44 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

So happy for you krysti! ♥ Congratulations!!! Almost 90 days....woo hoo!!

Love Venus xx
Old 05-14-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

90 days sober today proud but my obsession with food and my mood is consuming me
Old 05-19-2013, 05:39 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

95 days sober and 4 days without soda too but still obsessing about food and weight well at least there are some victories
Old 05-23-2013, 05:06 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

At Midnight 100 days sober