Notices

Clean for 3 months now

Old 03-25-2013, 09:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Clean for 3 months now

I have been having a lot of difficulty trying to trust people in AA. I don't trust many people. However, I have never been disrespected in AA or NA ever. Except for the basic male guy trying to hit on me. LOL I just walk away and tell them no.

I have recently gotten out of a very abusive marriage. We are still in the process of divorce. I left last August and I was clean 6 months prior to January 1st 2013. I thought I could handle the bar scene but I obviously relapsed. I'm not really upset by it. It happend and it's over with.

I have a hard time being around people. There are some I would like to hang out with. Except I could have gotten my 3 month medalion in NA except I just could not stand up n front of people to speak and than I don't like being hugged. But, I know I have to overcome that.

Its hard dealingwith new emotions. I have a sponser and people I talk with. But, I feel I am wasting there time, when I want to talk about myself.Except, whats different and wonderful is I am actually now wanting to be around people. I've met a couple poeple who are very great. But, I can only do personal one on one hanging out. Other than that I remain anonymous.

Does this change over time? I can't take anything really for myself. I have no legal issues and or a clean record. I was the closet stay at home wife drinker and pain killer popper. But, it's been 3 moths. I am proud of going 6 months without rdrinking. and than I voluntarily went to NA because I new I had a problem with pain killers.

it's slowly getting better. Is there anyhting I can to do to get my life back? I am not really depressed or sad. I just am now creating a new me. Because for the first time I am starting to have fun for the first time. I am not referring to hanging out with people from aa or na. but I do not mind my solitude. Except I know i need to meet people as well.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR!