Notices

Can't believe I did it again..

Old 03-25-2013, 07:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Can't believe I did it again..

Hey guys..

5 weeks ago I went into my fourth in-patient treatment for my drug addiction.

I thought things would be easier this time, boy was I wrong. The first few weeks I had barely any cravings and then out of nowhere I got these intense cravings every single day.. I talked to people about them most of the time and other times, I kept it to myself..BIG mistake..

I couldn't take it anymore.. I know it would have passed but I ended up A-walling with another client.. we both ended up in the hospital, I had no complications and was discharged but the other client went in psychosis and is still there ):

I ended up getting discharged from the treatment facility.
I can't believe I did this again. My moms not letting me live with her so now Im staying with my father. Went to a meeting today. Day 1 again. I can do this.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

congrats on Day 1. You can do this! You can and the thing to do is focus on what kept you sober. People relapse, the important thing is to learn from it.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Yes, you can do this.

Was there some subject or part of treatment that led to the cravings? Sometimes I find when a particular subject or situation comes up that I resorted to using over before...I get cravings again, because I start to get anxious.

An oh so familiar sense of anxiety and often anger comes over me...When I panic, I get tunnel vision and forget everything I've learned is sobriety. Sticking around here helps me stay grounded.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

At least you're self-aware of what you've done and feeling remorse. Now you have the power to take yourself in the right direction from here.