Notices

Trying again

Old 03-25-2013, 04:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying again

So I was on these boards a while ago, had a decent (according to me) amount of months sober and was enjoying life. Sadly alcohol has more power over me than anything else and I relapsed big time.

Even since I've had that first drink it's been bad, I"ve been constantly told that once I hit bottom I"ll be able to quit without a problem so I've been waiting to hit rock bottom but and I realized that at this point with everything going on my only rock bottom will be suicide ( I do NOT want to go through with it that is why I'm going to try and get sober again before I hit rock bottom).

So now I have a couple of probably what you all might consider stupid quetions. I want to try AA again but....I will not be sober when I go (on friday) now I know it is disrespectful to go to AA drunk but I know for a fact that I won't be completely sober. Will I get in trouble or kicked out if I have a couple of drinks before I go? I don't want to be disrespectful to others but at the same time at this point in my drinking I"m a mess if I dont have a drink in me. Thanks for any ifno.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome back chiyo - I remember you! I'm so glad you're giving it another shot. You can do it this time.

As for AA - I'm not sure if there are rules about that, but someone else will know. I rather doubt that they'd ask you to leave, since they are there to help you start on a sober path.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I was at a meeting recently and fellow came in smashed. At the end he traded his bottle for a white chip, signifying a desire to become sober.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello Chiyo !
Old 03-25-2013, 05:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey! 2grand!
Old 03-25-2013, 07:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry, chiyo, I had to leave for bit.

Send me a PM if there is anything I can do for you. Hope to see you at a meeting soon.

Good to see you again.

All the best.

Bob R