Notices

Stay or leave?

Old 03-25-2013, 05:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stay or leave?

Hi, I'm new to this...so bear with me. I've been with my husband for 14yrs(married 6). Everything about him and our relationship is amazing, except for his addiction to Percocet.
About a year and a half ago I caught him using(by discovering $2,000 missing from our savings)....we kept it to ourselves and he detoxed right in front of me for days. It was terrible. I thought that was it. Done. Then about 5mo. later I caught him again. He was sleeping and his phone rang. I saw the number I didn't know and I just knew it was his dealer. I answered and the person hung up and my feeling was confirmed. After drilling him for an hour he finally came clean that he was using again. I called his parents and. I kicked him out and sent him to his mom and dads. I told all out friends and family. He stayed with his folks for 2wks and started seeing a drug counsler once a week. He came home and I thought we worked things out
Fast forward abt 1yr. and he is using once again. He lies right to my face abt it. He's back with his folks and I don't know if I can live with this. I love him to pieces. He's really the best husband in every way except for this addiction he has. He is starting an out patient program today. I haven't spoken to him in days, I'm just too angry. I don't know what to do. My head says leave but my heart is too stuck on him
Old 03-25-2013, 05:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't jump the gun, but definitely set your boundaries. Have you considered some kind of counseling yourself?
Old 03-25-2013, 05:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you can find some peace in your life.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

Al Anon or Naranon may help you!
Old 03-25-2013, 06:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This is my first attempt at reaching out for help for myself. I was reading about Naranom but it looks a little too religious for me...I do have a great support system with my family. I'm not sure my husbands family is the best support for him. They tend to not speak about problems they have
Old 03-25-2013, 06:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

We can't tell you to leave, but this has been going on for quite a while and you've given him multiple chances. Until he is truly ready to be done using, nothing is going to change and this merry-go-round will continue. I'm sure you deserve better and if you have children, they definitely do.

Here's a link to our Friends and Family Forum:

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Welcome to SR. You will find a lot of support here.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

try the friends and family forum