Notices

Hi

Old 03-24-2013, 07:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi

So, this is my 3rd time quitting drinking. Each time it's for more than a couple of years. This time, a friend brought me out for a girls day and offered me a drink. I figured sure, why not. I won't start again, but I did. I was sober for over 2 years. I need to get that clock started again. I hate this!
Old 03-24-2013, 07:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad you made the decision to stop drinking again. I'm also glad you joined our family!
Old 03-24-2013, 07:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was really planning on going to the gym today, but I'm having the shakes and general mild withdrawals. I'm not sure I need to get my heart rate up yet. I used to be hooked on exercise. I think I need to try that again. Maybe I can just go for a walk. That's not too strenuous.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Exercise really is a great replacement for me too. I find a walk is really helpful even if I am not feeling up to it. Be gentle with yourself, hang in there and keep posting to let us know how you are doing.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I agree working out or some type of activity is better than just sitting around keep us posted.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm still making it through day 1, or I guess it's 2 now. My husband actually offered to go to the gym with me tonight. I've been wanting him to go with me for the last 2 years. Yay!
My daughter needs me to take her to buy train tickets in a few hours, so there is no excuse for me to go anywhere by myself and get tempted.
I guess if I need a babysitter, I just need a babysitter. For now anyway. So, that's the plan for today. One day at a time right?
Old 03-24-2013, 09:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Welcome back! Just hate to hear u putting in a lot of time(trust me 2 yrs is a LOT) & loose it for nthg. Maybe when u do go back out alc is not beating u up & pounding u're head into concrete pavement which I know it did me & lots of alkis. But to save u potentially time, pain & money in the future, its sooooo much better when u wave the white flag & surrender to say "Alc u win...I'm not even getting in the ring to fight u coz I'll always be powerless over u"...ding ding ding
Old 03-25-2013, 07:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I made it through another day. Things didn't go as I had planned, but I think I got some recovery time in from the withdrawals. It's nearly midnight here. Good night everyone, good luck!
Old 03-25-2013, 08:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nicholi View Post
So, this is my 3rd time quitting drinking. Each time it's for more than a couple of years. This time, a friend brought me out for a girls day and offered me a drink. I figured sure, why not. I won't start again, but I did. I was sober for over 2 years. I need to get that clock started again. I hate this!
How did you quit and stay quit in the past?

All the best.

Bob R
Old 03-25-2013, 09:06 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Nicholi-

Welcome, yeah - I had five years sober and then slipped back into it. exercise is now on the menu for me as well.

SR has been a great resource for me - hope it is for you too.