Notices

Hello all.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
in the drain

Unhappy Hello all.

Hi everyone.

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Scott, and quite frankly I'm totally embarrassed to be here, never would have pictured myself here, but times have changed and I need help, and have nowhere to turn as I cannot afford a consular, and am too embarrassed to talk about my situation with peers.

I'm a 23 year old male, I'm very young, so I should enjoy life right? I can't though because I spend all my money on getting high. I do pay my bills, but any other extra money is used for gas and getting high. I can't date, go anywhere do anything, go on vacation, because all i do is get high. the worst part is I KNOW THIS IS A HUGE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!

I'm not this stupid, I'm not. I am so much more of a better person than this, and I know it.
I just need some support, and I really have nobody, so I'm turning to this forum in the hopes I can get support and also support others.

Please everyone, welcome me with open arms, as I will with you. (lol that sounded kind of jesus-ie didn't it?)

I look forward to speaking with all of you, and thanks for the support.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

Perfect time to join us in recovery!

Glad you found SR!!
Old 03-24-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Scott,

Of course you're not stupid. None of us are. You don't have a character defect. You have a disease and you can recover. Many of us do.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome. Your 23 and still young and you can change your outcome. Glad to see you here
Old 03-24-2013, 04:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober birthday 2/7/13

Hey Scott- welcome!
You are in the right place to find help. SR has been a lifeline to me for the last month and a half. My drug of choice has been alcohol. Yours?

Look around the site here. There are different forums for people of all sorts of addictions. Quitting can be really hard. But is so worth it. You are going to hear constantly that you are so young and good for noticing it now. It will make you want to roll your eyes at first. But seriously all of us 'old-timers' are envious. So many wasted years, friendships, loves, jobs can be avoided for you if you make this choice now. And after a few rough days or even weeks, you will have the rest of your life back.

Here we only want you to to be honest with you. And that might be the hardest of all

Good luck
Old 03-24-2013, 04:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

((Scott)) - Welcome to SR!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-24-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
in the drain

Originally Posted by bunny44 View Post
Hey Scott- welcome!
You are in the right place to find help. SR has been a lifeline to me for the last month and a half. My drug of choice has been alcohol. Yours?

Look around the site here. There are different forums for people of all sorts of addictions. Quitting can be really hard. But is so worth it. You are going to hear constantly that you are so young and good for noticing it now. It will make you want to roll your eyes at first. But seriously all of us 'old-timers' are envious. So many wasted years, friendships, loves, jobs can be avoided for you if you make this choice now. And after a few rough days or even weeks, you will have the rest of your life back.

Here we only want you to to be honest with you. And that might be the hardest of all

Good luck
See this is why I'm embarrassed. Please I know this sounds silly, but It's real. Its very very real.

I was a stoner ever since I got into high school. I came from a private school then went to a public high school. I had no friends, so i got to hanging with the wrong kids, started smoking weed, which lead to coke, which lead to X, i never took it past that.

I never had a problem with cocaine or X. Those I kept in rare moderation. I always smoked weed though, all the time.

Well I got older, graduated from a technical school with a technical diploma, got lucky and landed a job right away. Random drug testing though, so no weed.
Well we live in the future and there's stuff called synthetic marijuana. ever heard of it? BAD NEWS

My brother told me about it, so I used it. It worked, and worked well. Now I find myself scraping nickels from my change jar to see if i can come up with 15 bucks to go grab some. I cant sleep without it, Like tonight is day 1 so I'll be up all night.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sober birthday 2/7/13

Can you take a few days off work? Do you have a doctor you can go talk to? Doctors have seen this all before. They aren't going to be angry parents to you. And if yours is, go find another. You might need help with detox. It can seriously be deadly to do alone.

Stay up all night. Learn to love coffee tomorrow. Just choose to not get it. Lock yourself in your room with the TV as your friend. If you don't go out, you can't get any, right? Make a plan. Give yourself a 2 week goal. 2 weeks. One month. When you almost can't stand it anymore, spend your time on here or looking for a AA type meeting.

Your brain is in charge. You know you are making the right choice.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sober birthday 2/7/13

And never feel silly or embarrassed. We all know how very real the problem is. Just let it out here. You will feel so much better when you let go of the shame, guilt and fear that you have now.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
in the drain

your right bunny, I just feel like my problem is so trivial compared to others.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Getting clean isn't trivial sooverthis...I think you are very couragous and brave for doing this at your age. I got clean and sober when I was 25. I relapsed after 13 years. After trying to figure it out for 8 years...here I am at 4 months! I am very glad you are posting! Don't forget...no one ever died from lack of sleep....we have all struggled with learning how to fall asleep without the drug or alcohol...it is possible...don't give up!
Old 03-24-2013, 05:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Originally Posted by sooverthis View Post
Please try not to compare your problems with others' problems. We each live our own lives, no one else's, so each persons problems are unique to them.

You've come to a great place for support and you don't have to feel alone - you have us.

Take a look at our substance abuse forum for more ideas from people in your situation.

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 03-24-2013, 06:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Scott, You have come looking for a solution - that means you are ready to recover.
A wise person told me Wish you the best in your journey of recovery, son.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:40 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Sober birthday 2/7/13

Originally Posted by sooverthis View Post
One of the great things about this anonymous forum is you get to say whatever you feel and there is no judgement. No repercussion you might feel out in the world. Somehow because of that, we are all equalized. Everyone has problems and they all vary in size or scope. But they all matter because they trigger you to stay an addict. That is where nothing is trivial!

Have a good night. Play lots of solitaire if you need to