Notices

I need f**king help!

Old 03-24-2013, 01:57 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I need help, but I don't know what it is... I can't see it.

we're here, and we care. that's a start!

you mentioned not finding resources you are comfortable with. from my own experience, getting sober/clean is anything BUT comfy! it's hard work to change our thinking, our habits, our lifestyle. we spent a long time and HUGE amounts of energy using and getting addicted. and that takes work to undo.

it's hard, but you are so worth it. if you need medical help. please seek it out.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:43 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome KatieEmma

I understand meetings might not be your thing - they're not mine either - but it's important to do something.

There are other alternatives like SMART (also meeting based) and Rational Recovery (which is not), and most recovery methods have online meetings now.

Posting and reading here really helped me - maybe it will help you too?

D
Old 03-24-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back to you too Willie

feel free to start your own thread- you'll get more response that way

D
Old 03-24-2013, 02:49 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Katieemma44 View Post
I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to be posting, I'm open for the criticism and would greatly appreciate being pointed in the right direction, if this is too grim and unmotivational for this forum.

I was sober for almost a full month after 8 years of heavy drinking and I can't seem to shake it. My partner, understandably, can't deal with it anymore so I've been drinking behind his back, and my family have no idea how to deal with me besides being positive and telling me I need to get help, so.....
Someone please ******* help me!

I thought I could beat this, I thought I could be strong and just knuckle down and move on.... I can't. I haven't. I never will without something stopping me, which after numerous arrests, broken belongings, broken bones, assaults, complete life sabotage I still won't ******* quit it!!!! WHY!

I'm smarter than this. Anyone who knows me, even seeing me through some pretty effed up things, will vouch that I'm a smart girl full of potential and I'm not a waste of space even remotely (besides when I'm drinking)

HELP! This is a plea, I am begging for anyone out there.... I can't do this anymore but I can't stop. I hate the lack of control over it. It's not my personality to not be in control and I can't stand it anymore. My brain almost just blocks out the fact that I'm ruining my life with this..

I live in NSW Australia. I hate meetings. I have no resources that I'm comfortable with. I need someone to actually talk to about this, someone close by preferably, I wanna feel strong again and hopefully motivate the person I get in touch with regularly as well.

It only takes one right answer to change a persons life and I'm hoping I can find it... If you have any response, even if you feel it's silly or not beneficial please just post it anyway.

Thanks guys, I'm beyond proud of all the sober people out there. You inspire me majorly and I want to be like you one day.
I never had proper resources and meetings dont work for me.

Ive been looking and looking and looking for a 'cure' to my addictive personality.
To points i drove myself almost crazy
So far i have not found it, except in:

1: one day at a time

2: H.A.L.T (hungry, angry, lonely and tired as relapse triggers)

3. Acceptence: it will never go away, but it sure is manageble. Also acceptence that I am not perfect and never will be.

4. The awesome SR community

This stuff works for me.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:13 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by willie00 View Post
I fell off the wagon yesterday and did something crazy, now I feel so badd
We have ALL been there. And whatever it is you did, I'm sure I've done something worse! Do not beat yourself up. Tomorrow is a new day. There are so many people here to support you. Believe in your inner strength!