Notices

lonley

Old 03-23-2013, 08:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy lonley

not only is this day 1 sober, she left too-gave up hope..cant blame her but it still hurts.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

sorry to hear that. stay strong.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome jailer. Hang in there.

Do you have any favorite movies at your house that you haven't seen for a while? Reacquainting with some familiar characters while you continue to post here on SR might cheer you up until you feel well enough to reach out to some friends.

If you prefer faster interaction, SR has a chat area too.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Give it ALL up. Every D^MN bit of it. It SUCKS, but that is the last reality of addiction. Read the Big Book of AA...for real. You need to completely deconstruct..give up...surrender..to the pain...to the reality of addiction...to the hope of keeping it all together. Our BEST efforts in Addiction brought us to the point of surrender..or we kept going until we were later brought to a point of surrender. How LOW can you go? Is this far down enough? Hard questions that demand a hard answer. I realized my active addiction life had become unmanageable when life slammed me against a wall, then picked me up off the floor and screamed in my face...WHAT THE @#&* ARE YOU DOING!!!

However, many sober recovering addicts will tell you that after the complete surrender, and through a program of step-by-step rebuilding, a new life is possible. However, if the goal is to get back in the driver's seat..it will most likely be off to the races, down the same old track.

Give up completely, every D^MN thing, and LET your life be rebuilt on completely new principles, not of your own design.

Good Luck, and I KNOW it sucks.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey jalier I'm on my 23 day sober and still waiting for my 'guy' to realize he can't live without me!!! Apparently he is doing fine without me and I am still alive and sober so I guess I can't ask for more right now. I understand what you are going through. It hurts and it SUCKS!!!!! I guess if he did not leave me I would never had the courage to leave to get help on my own. I know God has a plan for me. I have to trust.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that man, great advice above about watching a movie. At this stage, distracting yourself is a good remedy. I imagine for you sobeiety is key, it is for me (also day 1). We are all here for you, stay strong!

Beagle
Old 03-23-2013, 10:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Serene, seriously... Those blueberries look so delicious, every time you post it's like an advert to go buy some :p

Beagle
Old 03-24-2013, 04:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Day 1 is hard....but it's your new beginning. Sounds like things are pretty tough for you right now, but please be proud of yourself for taking this step into a new life.

You may be lonely....but you're not alone....we are all here for you.

Sending you love and hugs.

Venus
Old 03-24-2013, 04:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

t.u. i just rented a flic from blockbuster-private room...what a coincidence!!!
Old 03-24-2013, 05:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Enjoy the movie!

Good move,

Kelly
Old 03-24-2013, 05:38 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You can get thru this sober, just remember your goal is to stay sober no matter what.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Jalier I was on day 1 on Friday and thanks solely to this site it's Sunday and I'm on day 3. Stay close and post whatever's on your mind, we're here for you. Watch a movie, eat some food and rest. This can be done and you can do it.
Take care of yourself.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Real easy to get distracted and depressed when we think about ex-gfs or other challenging relationships. My gf left me also. She seems to be doing just fine a year later, though I have no contact with her.

Most therapists, rehab councilors, etc, recommend that you spend a year as a single person when you're in recovery. The thought process is that you need to focus 100% on yourself and your own issues. You cannot be a good fit for a partner if you are not healthy yourself. Maybe it's time to focus on that.

Do you have a plan to stay sober long term?