Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

12 Days Clean from Opiates and Benzos, Advice/ Experiences needed

Notices

12 Days Clean from Opiates and Benzos, Advice/ Experiences needed

Old 03-23-2013, 10:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation 12 Days Clean from Opiates and Benzos, Advice/ Experiences needed

Today I am 12 days clean after years of opiate use ( only the last 8 months of heavy use, 200 mg oxy a day) and 5+ years everday xanax use (2-4 mg a day) also adderall.

After an attempted suicide, or loud cry for help, I got put in a hospital and had the ease of going through the severe withdrawal under medical care. Cold turkey I suppose, 4 days of total hell, the first and second day the worst, the 3rd and 4th day not as bad.

After leaving Los Angeles to be back with my family to recover, every day is different. Yesterday I thought, wow the cravings, bouts of severe anxiety may be gone, today I woke with the worst anxiety, wanting to jump out of my skin per say. I hate the voice saying, if you find drugs you will feel better!

I am thankful to be with my family, considering Im not sure I would still be clean if it wasnt for them, My use stemmed out of deep loneliness, the drugs just made me ok with being alone.

Would love to hear some inspirational stories, and any stories on your withdrawal from these drugs, I do worry I will never feel normal again, whatever that is! How longg is this going to last?!

I will be starting an outpatient soon, I have just been resting and sleeping, trying to repair what ive done to my body.

Thank you for reading, and look forward to hearing your stories.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have had little although it painful experience with benzo withdrawal. I found benzobuddies site to be a very helpful, supportive and informative site. Best of luck to you.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

12 Days is great. I have put together some clean time in the past but it takes a life long commitment to keep it together. I gets easier the longer time goes by but be especially careful in the beginning. The depression and guilt can drive you crazy. Stay positive and clean and be thankful you have a support network
Old 03-23-2013, 11:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 12 days sober.

I have no personal experience with drugs, but I know that recovery is never a straight line. There will lots of ups and downs, but as you get stronger, it will get easier.