Notices

Write your letter starting with: Dear Alcohol: ____________

Old 07-30-2015, 01:57 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Dear Alcohol,

I have to make this post because I want it to become the past...

"You make things funnier, you let me reminisce over times gone by, you let me drift into oblivion every night, you make me go to bed with no recollection of how I got there, you make me wake up every morning feeling like I've been in a car crash, you make me check all my iPad apps to see what I've done, you make me regret, you make me feel shame, you make me forget, you make me far less intelligent than I could be...

You make me feel like my whole family revolved around you in some way.... "Canasta evenings with Gordon's Gin", "Beaujalis Nouveax Parties with crates of the stuff", Xmas starting with Bucks Fizz and then just slipping through the day into oblivion, NYE well that's just the biggest, most drunk, you've ever been, until you're an alcoholic and no longer want to leave the house, leave me alone on NYE with a bottle, nothing to celebrate here, God Forbid u invite me to something with alcohol, God, panic! I can go if I have to and stay sober, because the promise of. Being alone and drinking afterwards. Is enough to keep me going....

End of, hoping for my referral soon, no ER possible in UK, just waiting but still engaged with idea of stopping....
Old 07-30-2015, 04:17 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

dear alcohol,

missin ya here in soberville, hope you got my post card. we had some good times. remember when we crashed that party and stole all the beer? I'll never forget it. I'll never forget how soundly I slept when you were with me, or how safe and secure I felt when all I had was you.

I also won't forget that you and I made some bad decisions. we lost our license, our friends and almost our lives. we broke bones and doors and the trust of people close to us. we destroyed homes and stole from family and damn near ruined everything for ourselves.

I'm sad to see you go but I recognize you for what you are now. you are everything I hate about myself personified. an excuse bottled for convenience to continue acting like a fool. a disgusting, selfish fool. I thought we were two halves of a whole but I am me and you are destroying me.

sorry for your luck bro, but I don't need you anymore. as it turns out I don't have to be anxious or depressed if I'm just honest about what I am. your services are no longer required. I'm proud I've made the choice to move on from you.

from Sr with my regards,
Josh
Old 07-30-2015, 05:59 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Dear alcohol;
This is what you said to me:

I'm sick and tired of your excuses
Can't deal with living anymore
I'll give you reasons to continue
While you lie writhing on the floor

I'll wash away your lies
And have you hyptotized
There'll be no compromise today
I'll share your life of shame
I think you know my name
I'll introduce myself today

I'm the demon alcohol (demon alcohol)
I'll get you

If you could deal with your reflection
I'm sure you'd see into my eyes
There'll be no need for resurrection
Let's drink to people of the lies

Although that one's too much
You know ten's not enough
I'll watch you lose control
Consume your very soul

I'm the demon alcohol (demon alcohol)
Ha ha, demon alcohol (demon alcohol)
Let's party

I'm sick and tired of resolutions
You've quit me time and time again
Don't speak of suicide solutions
You took my hand, I'm here to stay

This time it's you or me
I'll never set you free
So satisfy your lust
Too much can't be enough

I'm the demon alcohol (the demon alcohol)
Ha ha, demon alcohol, (the demon alcohol)
Let's party

You took me to the point of suicide solutions. It was then I realized you were nothing but a liar, a cheater, and a thief. You did absolutly nothing good for me. Took me to the deepest depths of gloom, dispair and misery.
And I allowed it.
Glad I stopped believing your lies. Glad I took accountability for my recovery and didn't allow myself to believe the lies any more. Glad I fought harder than I have ever fought before, even harder than when I was diagnosed with cancer 13 months after tossing you out. Remember that? Remember the times you TRIED to speak?
And I didn't allow it.
You wouldn't believe the life I have today! It is a blessed one! I CAN live today without you. I CAN look at my reflection and love who I see! I have control over my life! Now it's me and you are not allowed in any more.no compromises on that either.
I will agree that you are the demon alcohol.
And not allowed in my life any more.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:07 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Dear Alcohol,
I would be lying if I said I didn't still want to see you sometimes. I'm grieving your death but celebrating what will hopefully now be a life for me. We spent a lot of nights (and too many days) together over the last 8 years, however, I no longer have to hide you from my husband and family, wonder what I did last night or how I got those bruises on my body. I no longer have to try to figure out how i'm going to see more of you when it's raining/snowing/I'm drunk and can't drive and no one will assist me in getting to you. I started out only seeing you on a social basis and we became waaaaaaaaaaaay too close. I'm angry. So angry at the world right now, but mostly at myself for being weak. Farewell old "friend" and good riddance.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:31 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Dear Alcohol,

You can kiss my ass.

Yours Sincerely,

Carver
Old 09-30-2015, 11:35 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Dear Alcohol,

I haven't missed you at all for about 5 days now and we haven't met up for 24 days...

Stay away from me, I don't want to see you again, I don't need you in my life.

End of.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:45 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Dear Alcohol.

**** you. Kicking you to the curb.. I'm breaking up with you.. and NO I don't want to be "just friends"...

Sincerely and Truly

Dru -
Old 04-12-2017, 01:22 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Okay this is an oldie but a goodie! It is all about writing that goodbye letter and kicking your poison to the curb!

If you are ready share you letter!
Old 04-12-2017, 02:38 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Dear Alcohol,

Or should I use your less romantic name Ethanol?You are just a chemical compound after all, and all my thoughts and feelings about you are about as meaningful as the relationship I have with rice pudding. Any 'love" I still have for you is merely a memory of our early days before I discovered the real you.

You kept me from myself and the pain I sometimes feel now is not about missing you - it's not all about you as you always think! - but rather about becoming aware of the real effect you've had on me, an effect which every day is being more and more supplanted by my true thoughts and feelings. As this happens, I know I will be thinking less and less about you until you become just an occasional diminished thought, devoid of any power.

So, basically, it's goodbye from me and goodbye from all the people here!

Yours disrespectfully,

Rob
Old 04-12-2017, 04:02 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Alcohol......

F*CK OFF