Notices

Gifts of sobriety - It's a BOY!!!

Old 03-21-2013, 10:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Gifts of sobriety - It's a BOY!!!

So.... This has to do with sobriety but also my personal life. I am pregnant, I just found out I'm having a son!!! I got sober right before he was conceived. I was lucky. I was taking measures to (ahem) prevent pregnancy and this was a total shock. Honestly until now I didn't feel very confident or sure I could be a mom. I'm so glad I am no longer drinking and using... I just thought I wouldn't be able to stay on a good path. God saw fit to give me this gift and that's how I know I can do it! I'm so excited to be a mommy - Thrilled to have a son as I've always wanted a little boy. I never thought I would feel this way but my life has changed a lot in just 6 months. If I can do it you can to. Trust me, I was a bottom of the barrel heroin addict and drunk. Low bottom. I did everything but go to prison. Keep fighting for your lives, please. It is worth it. Even if you are not with your family you have people here who care. They cared for me when I couldn't make it through the day. Thank you all for being here and sharing some happy news with me. His name is Judah Vincenzo and he is due August 30, 2013! I'll keep you all posted.

Last edited by Dee74; 03-21-2013 at 02:58 PM. Reason: edit surname
Old 03-21-2013, 10:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Awww many congrats!!!
Old 03-21-2013, 10:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

YEAHHHHHHHH!!! Fanatstic. Really happy for you

Stay safe

NT
Old 03-21-2013, 10:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations!!!
Old 03-21-2013, 10:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations Baby Jane and what a beautiful name.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations! Nothing like a new baby to make life that much more special!
Old 03-21-2013, 10:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That's wondeful news ,congratulations!!
Old 03-21-2013, 11:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BabyJane View Post
So.... This has to do with sobriety but also my personal life. I am pregnant, I just found out I'm having a son!!! I got sober right before he was conceived. I was lucky. I was taking measures to (ahem) prevent pregnancy and this was a total shock. Honestly until now I didn't feel very confident or sure I could be a mom. I'm so glad I am no longer drinking and using... I just thought I wouldn't be able to stay on a good path. God saw fit to give me this gift and that's how I know I can do it! I'm so excited to be a mommy - Thrilled to have a son as I've always wanted a little boy. I never thought I would feel this way but my life has changed a lot in just 6 months. If I can do it you can to. Trust me, I was a bottom of the barrel heroin addict and drunk. Low bottom. I did everything but go to prison. Keep fighting for your lives, please. It is worth it. Even if you are not with your family you have people here who care. They cared for me when I couldn't make it through the day. Thank you all for being here and sharing some happy news with me. His name is Judah Vincenzo Testone and he is due August 30, 2013! I'll keep you all posted.

I'm so happy for you, congratulations! It makes me extra happy because one of the main motivations for me getting sober was to try for a baby. I'm on Day 7 sober and we're going to start trying in about 2 months time

Please do keep us posted! I wish you all the best for the rest of your pregnancy and beyond.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congratulations.....your life now has a whole new meaning. When I had my 2 kids I knew I had a new purpose. I am on the road to recovery. Good luck to you and your little baby!!
Old 03-21-2013, 11:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

So exciting!

Congratulations!! Such an exciting time in your life!! I was in your situation a year ago and also had a baby boy!

I hate to be a downer here, but I feel I must warn you of something... I had a rough time over Christmas 2011. Drank more than I had in a long time. I have never had any major negative outcomes from my drinking, besides trouble with my husband, and worrying the crap out of my family, which I guess is pretty major in it's own way. After the New Year last year I cleaned up my act. Was still drinking, but thought I had moderation figured out. I found out I was pregnant in February 2012 and since I wasn't drinking much, had no trouble stopping completely during the duration of my pregnancy and It was AMAZING! I was happy, healthy, active, no trouble in my marriage, enjoyed all my old activities without even thinking of drinking and became everyone's DD which didn't bother me at all. I knew I would never fall back into my old habits.

Fast forward... My son was born in the Fall and since I was breast feeding, I was not drinking. Then Thanksgiving rolled around and I had a few glasses of wine. They make these great strips that test your milk to make sure no alcohol is in it after drinking, so I started using those to ensure my little guy wouldn't be effected. Long story short, It went from wine at the holidays, to wine at dinner out, to wine at home, to hiding booze in the bathroom.

So... I'm not trying to scare you, or ruin your exciting news. I just want to let you know that it is really important to have a plan for after the baby is born. Things change SOOO much and it can get really stressful and exhausting which is what made me think I deserved a drink here or there and then it escalated even though I KNEW what I was doing was wrong and KNOW I'm happier sober.

9 + months is an awesome amount of time to not be drinking, but it's also enough time to make you forget why you shouldn't. I hope you don't have the same experience as me. I'm just glad I realized It was becoming an issue again so soon. Now I will not be celebrating his 5 month birthday with a glass of wine. I'll be celebrating it with him.

Good luck to you and congrats again!
Old 03-21-2013, 11:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

WOW!!!
That's all I can say - WOW!!!
Old 03-21-2013, 12:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your good news!
Old 03-21-2013, 12:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Best wishes from all here at SR!
Old 03-21-2013, 12:57 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Happy for you!
Take lots of care of you and your boy xxxx
Old 03-21-2013, 01:01 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

So happy for you!! Congrats you deserve all the love and happiness this little boy will bring!
Old 03-21-2013, 01:32 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the warm congrats and blessings. Like I said, this has already radically changed my life and my outlook on sobriety and I really NEVER saw it coming so the lesson for all of us is that life is full of surprises and they are sometimes good! You never know what is in store. Don't ever loose hope. I almost gave up so many times and it breaks my heart because I would have missed the best year of my life. And thank you for the advice. I plan to keep my support network very intact! Take care everyone. God Bless.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:57 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Jane

D
Old 03-21-2013, 03:34 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

That is wonderful news! I remember your posts from before and you sound like you're doing fantastic. Welcome Judah
Old 03-21-2013, 03:43 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Wonderful news
Old 03-21-2013, 06:33 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Congratulations! I stayed sober from day one to delivery day and all through breastfeeding with all 3 of my babies. If I could do it, so can you. All the best for a healthy pregnancy and baby.