Notices

Well...

Old 03-21-2013, 07:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well...

I wasn't going to post here again until I got a grip of myself. However, and I hope you all don't mind, the point of this site is to offer and receive help - so I decided not to delay coming back.

My husband and I went away for our mini break for 3 days. The first day, we went out and he said that it would be ok if I were to have a drink as long as I didn't go overboard. He wanted to have a drink too but didn't want to have one alone. Anyway had a few glasses of wine each night and I was ok - didn't get (too) drunk and didn't black out.

However, I feel now like I am outsider to this group , where before I felt involved and happy. I don't feel 'qualified' not to offer any comments or post anything.

This Saturday is my birthday, and my husband is taking me out for dinner etc etc. Not sure how I am going to cope as I don't feel now like I have built up any coping mechanisms.

Anyway, I just wanted to drop by and say hello all. I am keeping up to date with all your posts and a lot of you are doing really well Hope I can get may act together to stay a Marcher and not have to become and April-er (if thats ok)
Old 03-21-2013, 07:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Snaggle,

I'm glad you posted. Do you want to stop drinking? If that's your goal, then drinking on birthdays and vacations isn't going to work. I know you can do this and I know that you can learn to not listen to comments about it being okay to drink. Others don't understand how hard this is for us, and that it's not okay for us to drink, but you can always count on us to understand.

My suggestion would be to out for brunch instead of supper for your birthday, so alcohol would not be an issue. If you're concerned about drinking at your birthday dinner, try to come up with an alternate plan. You can do this.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

Hey Snaggle

If you don't feel "qualified" to post on others just read and post about you! It's way better you're on here than not because it means you do have a desire to stop.

It's really crap this addiction thing and for many of us it can take a long time to get it right. I'm better equipped each time I reach out for long-term sobriety, both emotionally and physically, but my ongoing journey has been a long and very painful one.

Whatever you do just keep coming back as they say and stay connected!

All strength to you,

NT