Notices

New here, looking for withdrawal support!

Old 03-20-2013, 11:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kalalea

New here, looking for withdrawal support!

Hopefully this will be seen by someone who has experienced hydrocodone withdrawal. Looking for encouragement and idea of what to expect. I have no one to talk to. My addiction is a secret.
History: all the right reasons (injury) for legal rx of 10/325, 6 day for 4 years. I often binge in the 1-2 weeks after initial refill, then have to cut back the last 2 weeks. I've wanted to be off these for over a year but can't remember what it's like to cope without them and my pain.
Now: rx refill is scheduled for 5 days from now. I have 5 left plus 5 valium and 5 flexeril. I do not normally take valium or flexeril. I just have them on hand for withdrawal. I have been taking 5-12 hydrocodone 10/325 pills per day for 4 years straight. 6 days ago I realized that I had to immediately begin an extreme taper or I would be completely out before being bale to refill.
up to....
Day 1, 12 pills
Day 2, 4.5 pills
Day 3, 4 pills
Day 5, 2 pills
Day 6, 1 pill and so on
I'm really suffering!! Has anyone done this and when will this feeling subside? I haven't slept for 4 days for more than 4 hours a night!
Old 03-20-2013, 11:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Kalalea

We can't give you medical advice here - it's against our rules.

People can share their experience in a general way though and I know you'll find a lot of support here.

Have you checked out our substance abuse forum as well?
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 03-21-2013, 12:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Kalalea Have you seen a doc? There are ways to ease the withdrawal, and you might be able to find something for your injury that has no abuse potential. You've come to the right place!
Old 03-21-2013, 12:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kalalea

thanks for the reply. not looking for med advice. just hoping to hear from people who have experienced something similar and what their process was like. I'm already set with what i'm doing and how since i have no choice. mostly hoping to know how long other people experienced the symptoms i'm having
Old 03-21-2013, 12:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Night owl

Hi Kalalea, welcome to SR! Do take Dee's advice and read through some of the threads in the Substance Abuse forum. You'll find plenty of stories of people's tapers, etc. Good luck!
Old 03-21-2013, 02:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Not Alone

This feeling WILL subside. Make sure you see a doctor if you haven't already. Withdrawal is never fun but once you get past it the worst is over. Stay strong. Standard advice of drinking plenty of water and maybe taking some multivitamins.

Natom.