Notices

nightmares

Old 03-20-2013, 06:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

nightmares

Ive started new stuff now , maybe this is related to my sleep? before i couldnt sleep, now the pins and needles have subsided and i can get some good quality sleep,maybe too good? i woke up screaming at some shadowy figure coming up my stairs in a top hat and the alfred Hitchcock theme in the background ,i couldnt do anything because i was tied up in some larger than life pasta? couldnt swing ,all i could do was yell ..it was 4am ,im sure the neighbours loved that , i keep my window open a touch for my AC.
I did have another 2 day relapse and am on another day9 ,dont wanna get into it ,except to say i f#cked up. no excuses and this time it is harder than ever,I think the kindling is definately at work .
Nerve issues were exceptionally bad this go around, i had to take pain pills and wear socks to bed just to try and sleep for a few hours a night. just not worth it and it pissed me off that i binged for a couple days, time to move on
Old 03-20-2013, 07:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Congrats on your 9 days, junk!

I had those really intense dreams, too, right after getting sober (along with all those other fun things related to our brains getting sober). Like you said, it's definitely not worth it..... glad you've decided to "move on!"
Old 03-20-2013, 07:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hear ya on the nightmares. I have this sense that I am being haunted. Hang in there. Your body is on overdrive and needs sometime to heal. Congrats on 9 days.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Nightmares also. Had such a bad day at work can't help but drink!

Originally Posted by junk33 View Post
Ive started new stuff now , maybe this is related to my sleep? before i couldnt sleep, now the pins and needles have subsided and i can get some good quality sleep,maybe too good? i woke up screaming at some shadowy figure coming up my stairs in a top hat and the alfred Hitchcock theme in the background ,i couldnt do anything because i was tied up in some larger than life pasta? couldnt swing ,all i could do was yell ..it was 4am ,im sure the neighbours loved that , i keep my window open a touch for my AC.
I did have another 2 day relapse and am on another day9 ,dont wanna get into it ,except to say i f#cked up. no excuses and this time it is harder than ever,I think the kindling is definately at work .
Nerve issues were exceptionally bad this go around, i had to take pain pills and wear socks to bed just to try and sleep for a few hours a night. just not worth it and it pissed me off that i binged for a couple days, time to move on
Had such a bad day at work can't help but drink. Been having nightmares like crazy when i don't drink!
Old 03-20-2013, 08:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Terrible nightmares!

Had such a bad day at work, can't help but drink!
When I don't drink I have Nightmares all night ,wake up screaming!!
Old 03-20-2013, 09:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

alcohol changes normal sleep patterns (basically, it's brain damage)

we have to re-learn how to sleep and those neurons need to create new pathways

they don't last too long, they will go away, if you stay stopped!!
Old 03-20-2013, 09:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Angryangel1 View Post
Had such a bad day at work can't help but drink. Been having nightmares like crazy when i don't drink!
They do go away...for me a week or two
Old 03-20-2013, 09:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Sometimes I feel I shouldn't share my experience, but it's always good to consider alternative ways of doing things.

I went to detox, which was such a distraction that I didn't think about my problems the first few days. Then when I got home, I was so glad to be home that there was no way I was going to ruin that gratitude by drinking.

I had bad dreams, okay dreams, and some nights I didn't sleep very well. But there was no way I was going to go through any of the problems associated with drinking, so I just don't think of drinking at all.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Very much identify with you on the nightmares. Also, lots of horrible pictures and thoughts racing through my mind when awake but with eyes closed. Not sure why they happen, but maybe something to do with brain/body chemistry.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yes nightmares and vivid flashbacks of situations I have been in many years ago, it's the hardest thing about not drinking for me. Hang in there xxx