Notices

Introduction- I love these forums

Old 03-19-2013, 02:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Introduction- I love these forums

Hello, just wanted to give an introduction of my story. I have been sober for over two years and I have been reading these forums for awhile. I really enjoy the insight and experience I hear in these forums. It has helped me so much. Thank you all for being here. I finally decided to sign up and contribute.

I was a binge drinker for years. Same old cycle hundreds if not thousands of times. I thought I could control it and do it myself. That was a delusion! I finally researched why I couldn't stop. Read up on alcoholism, Under the Influence and Internet sites etc. I learned I was an alcoholic. This knowledge baffling enough did not keep me sober. So I drug myself to AA and that has been a key for me along with these forums.

I still struggle from time to time with my mind telling me lies but it is getting better. I don't share much in AA so I am looking to start by opening up here more. I still consider myself a newcomer as I continue to learn from everyone. I think my mind still nags me because I was a binge drinker and not as bad as others etc. Stupid I know, but it does. It makes me wonder if it is harder to stay sober as an everyday-all day drinker or as a weekly binge drinker? Just some thoughts. High bottom or low bottom or does it even matter?
Old 03-19-2013, 02:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Welcome and congrats on two years!
Old 03-19-2013, 02:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

A bottom is a bottom. Everybody has their own. You found yours and are on the way back up. Congrats an keep going it only gets better.