Notices

Newcomer Alert

Old 03-18-2013, 09:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newcomer Alert

Hi all, I'm New to this (website and sobriety).
I have tried AA a few times but not settled, I hope this will provide me with a new angle.
I tend to binge drink and the binges have become progressively longer and more destructive to the rest of my life.
My Girlfriend is pregnant and baby is due in 6 weeks, I don't want my son or daughter to meet their Dad and find out he is a drunk and a liar.
I want to be sober from this point on in my life, I want to be better than this!
Anyway, I hope my little post finds you well and hope to speak to you soon so we can get through this madness together.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Dan! You'll find a lot of great support here. Be sure to check out the Class of March 2013 thread.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hello Dan! It's great to have you here. I'm so glad you decided to reach out for help and support. I felt so alone until I came here. I couldn't believe there were so many others just like me. You can kick that stuff out of your life, Dan.

Congratulations on becoming a father in 6 wks. Great motivation.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Hello Dan! It's great to have you here. I'm so glad you decided to reach out for help and support. I felt so alone until I came here. I couldn't believe there were so many others just like me. You can kick that stuff out of your life, Dan.

Congratulations on becoming a father in 6 wks. Great motivation.
Thank you both for your kind welcome, it is the best motivation!
Old 03-18-2013, 10:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

A good first step is admitting there's a problem. You've already done that so all you've got to do is develop a plan for staying sober.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi DMJDan... I'm only 25 days into my own sober life. I can tell you how much having the good folks at SR has helped me in these early stages of my recovery.

If you go to the "Daily Support" part of the forum, you can find the class of March 2013. I'm in the class of February but it is AMAZING getting to know a small subset of folks a bit more intimately and having them cheer you on & lend a hand if you're struggling.

Anywho- just my two cents.

I wish you the best & congrats on your new family member!

SB

Edit: WAAAAAIT- the Class of March 2013 thread is still in the "Newcomers to Recovery" section. Oops... :-D
Old 03-18-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome!
Old 03-18-2013, 10:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good reason to start Dan! Wish I was as smart enough to do what your doing rather than figure a birth of a child was reason to celebrate with alcohol rather than the blessing it was intended to be!!