Notices

This sucks

Old 03-18-2013, 10:23 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by iwantthis View Post
Thank you all. Ummm....I don't have any answers. I attempted suicide when I was 17 (like really tried, 3 bottles of sleeping pills, coma for a week) and spent a couple of months in psych hospitals. Over the years I've been to rehab a few times, psych stays a couple of times, and so on. No answers. AA has never worked for me cuz I'm an atheist/agnostic/whatever. I think I'd like the sober community part of AA but the religious side of it just turns me away. I guess that's why I'm here.
At the clubhouse where I go to meetings, we have an AA meeting especially for atheists/agnostics... maybe there is something similar in your area?

Wishing you all the best.

SB
Old 03-18-2013, 02:16 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Iwantthis welcome and thank you for your post...it has helped me. We do recover from alcoholism and addiction. What we had been using alcohol and drugs for now can be resolved and accepted clean and sober.

Get some sobriety under your belt and make your recovery the most important thing in your life. Truly, trust me, all of the things that happened to us will be resolved sometime down the line.

You will find the strength through a recovery program, and maybe also through counseling. But it will only be truly affective living clean and sober.

Understand you help people!
Old 03-20-2013, 10:05 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. I'm back on the wagon. It took 4 days of drinking myself into oblivion but I finally kicked it again. Today is day 2.

Again, I apologize to anyone I may have offended with my tirade. I was drunk when I wrote that and I'm more than a little embarrassed.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:24 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Iwantthis, I can relate to your post completely. Without revealing too much I too have been a victim of rape and attempted suicide numerous times.

But what I take from it is this: I'm still here and more importantly I'm on this forum trying to change things. I've still got hope and I've still got fight. Even if I relapse, it's the fact that I'm not going to give up fighting to make my life a better place to live.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:36 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thank you Panache. I have hope and some fight too. In the grand scheme of things I still have plenty to be thankful for. I'm not giving up. Even bad sober days are better than the best drunk ones. I think I'm starting to finally see that with more frequency and clarity. Best of luck to you!!
Old 03-20-2013, 01:01 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Iwantthis, I am happy you are here and sober again. Grasp on with both hands, and dont let go as if your life depended on it. Dont give up on yourself, you are stronger than you think, and there will always be people here who care about you and want to see you happy and sober.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:01 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

You too "iwantthis", I think just having the drive and the fight to register on this site is a massively positive step towards full sobriety (it is for me anyway).
Hope to see you around the forum!