Notices

Measuring failure

Old 03-18-2013, 05:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Measuring failure

Those who have posted on my threads before know I am very familiar with my weak will in stopping drinking. I let my AH convince me to try a measuring experiment this weekend and we both finished 2 750mls of vodka between us on Saturday night. All the amounts written down and timed! What an idiot I am. I knew better but it was what my AV wanted to hear. So what if you write it down? I'm a binge drinker, I knew what the outcome would be for both of us, and I was spot on in my prediction, but I did not care. Didn't care that I would have a hangover, didn't care that it would send my AH on another multi-day binge, didn't care that I would fall and hurt myself AGAIN.

I'm sober now. New day 1, he is not but I am focusing on me right now. I can't take care of both of us when I still feel miserable. But no more tests, gimmicks, tricks, for me. I can't be so gullible and fall prey to my AV's every whim!!!!!
Old 03-18-2013, 06:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Gimmicks? Good way to put that. Like an infomercial selling me something my AV tries everything. But wait! There's more! As a special bonus I will receive a free coffin with every purchase of drugs and alcohol! Dial 1-800-KIL-ME-NOW.

All joking aside. Glad you are here. It can be done!
Old 03-18-2013, 06:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

I'm sorry you don't have support at home, but you can find it elsewhere! Are you going to meetings or counseling or anything? I found I really sucked at being my own treatment center.