Notices

I might be paranoid

Old 03-17-2013, 06:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs down I might be paranoid

I went to the Eatery today. My thoughts were set on getting the job done and doing it well. We were slow.....very, very slow.
I sent a message to my boss about filling out paperwork like my W2 and time card. I have yet to do that since I started working there 4 days ago. I got no response from her and still havent gotten a response yet. The eatery is closed for the night. My husband asked me if I did anything? He doesnt understand why I would be worried. I told him that it seems a little unusual to not get back to a new employee. Am I working tomorrow? Am I not working? Am I fired, again? What do I do? My husband has asked me twice if I did anything to be fired? My track record over the last week is horrible.
I thought that everything went well with the Wedding. Yet, I am in limbo.
I know that this doesnt have anything to do with Alcohol. This has to do with my lively hood and my self esteem. I can not handle another FIRED in my life. Not now. Not ever again.
Im worried. These circle head emotions are comical.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

It's St. Paddy's day. You boss is somewhere hammered.

Old 03-17-2013, 06:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have no experience with this kind of employment but I think you might be letting your fear run away with you a little Miz.

There's lots of likely scenarios to consider before you get to 'I'm fired'...

Sometimes employers are a little behind the ball, too...
D
Old 03-17-2013, 06:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

It's hard to stop ourselves from having negative thoughts, but try not to indulge them too much. One day at a time..... If your boss hasn't said responded, there could be lots of reasons (like not wanting to deal with work on their day off).

All we can do really, is worry about our end of the deal. I hope things work out for you, Mizz!
Old 03-17-2013, 06:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I have no experience with this kind of employment but I think you might be letting your fear run away with you a little Miz.

There's lots of likely scenarios to consider before you get to 'I'm fired'...

Sometimes employers are a little behind the ball, too...
D
Okay. Right. Im going to sit here and eat Skittles, watch Dual Survival and hang out on SR. I will not check my phone every 2 minutes.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Mizzuno, it might be paranoia, but ya never know, boss's can't be unpredictable as it gets. If you haven't been drinking please don't let it be a trigger to start.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Deep breath Mizz...........now, exhale.....

One thing that I really had to work on (and not as much these days) is spending too much time worrying about things that never ended up happening...I had to untrain myself to this way of thinking.

This kind of thinking combined with my drinking almost ruined me.

It uses up sooooo much energy....you simply just don't know why you haven't heard back and that's it...all you got is NOW
Old 03-17-2013, 06:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by debsam View Post
Deep breath Mizz...........now, exhale.....

One thing that I really had to work on (and not as much these days) is spending too much time worrying about things that never ended up happening...I had to untrain myself to this way of thinking.

This kind of thinking combined with my drinking almost ruined me.

It uses up sooooo much energy....you simply just don't know why you haven't heard back and that's it...all you got is NOW
True, I simply do not know why I havent heard back. Its out of my hands.

@ Neferk. Yes, people can be unpredictable. I know I have been in the past. No drinking for me. Skittles and water with a dash of SR. Oh, and don't forget Dual Survival. I need to learn how to survive in extreme conditions with a piece of plastic, a rope and a Dijurido.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I was thinking that your boss may be out celebrating for st pattys day too.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

I think it's more likely if you were fired again you would have heard from the boss. Maybe he/she just took a break from work for a day. Try to overthink everything and just concentrate on bringing some peace to your life. Even if it were the worst case scenario, you would make it through it-you are resilient and competent! Enjoy your skittles
Old 03-17-2013, 07:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Maybe she got caught up with something? I am guilty of that. Insert sheepish grin.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

The skittles, you all, and talking about it made it all better. I really can get myself going at times. Im workin on it. Yep.