Notices

Being sick sober

Old 03-15-2013, 06:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Its been a wild ride this week! Got a case of the flu and I have felt awful the past 3 days. Trying to sleep and rest as much as I can but responsibility does not lessen in my world. So still busy. Trying not to get anyone else sick.

Its funny how I think back and my AV tells me that I never got sick like this when I was drinking. Minus the weekly hangovers of course.

And I feel strange getting sick and not knowing the reason why. Looking in the mirror going 'Wait my head doesn't hurt and I remember last night. Whats going on?!'

I remember the times I did get sick I always popped some percocets, smoked a bunch of weed, and drank a few beers till I 'felt better'. I was pretty good at numbing thru the flu.

It is nice to be able to sit here this time and feel my body's natural reaction to this and realize that Its just as it should be. I am feeling kind high. The fever has got me feeling strange thats for sure.

I remember drinking Nyquil with alcohol to pass out. Taking way more than the recommended dosage. Feeling all dizzy and terrible. Hard to believe that is really what my life was like.

This time I got some gatorade, some non-alcoholic medicine, and a clear head. And I am grateful. Its amazing even being sick is better sober. Who woulda thunk it?!

Old 03-15-2013, 06:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

get well soon Fallow

D
Old 03-15-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yup....it's like everything is a gift Feel better soon!
Old 03-15-2013, 08:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Feel better soon!!

It's funny, I think I've been sick all week, but since I didn't feel anywhere near as bad as I did when I was hungover, I don't think I even realized it for a couple of days. Amazing that we used to live feeling like crap continually for years.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

I know it Freefall. I still got so much done thru this ordeal. Im only in bed tonight so I can fully heal. When drinking I spent so many days laid up in bed. Cant believe I thought that was normal at the time!
Old 03-15-2013, 09:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I used to do the same thing. It's kinda scary to think about the different things your body had to go threw to " feel better " isn't it.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better soon Fallow
Old 03-16-2013, 01:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I smoked my away too.

Nowadays i think you dont really get better, it just supresses it.
The more i smoked the more often i got sick.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

keep warm ,

Bestwishes, M
Old 03-16-2013, 09:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Feeling much better today thank you all. Not 100 percent yet but thats ok.

Right now I am just making blueberry pancakes for my little girl.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:38 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Not Alone

I'm ill quite a lot. I have something or other, normally a low grade flu. But when I was using I guess I never knew I was ill, I always attributed the fact I was feeling crap to my drug use. Now I'm sober I know that I have an underlying medical condition that I am getting checked out. If I was still using I might never have figured this out. I'd rather feel like crap sober than using.

Natom
Old 03-16-2013, 09:46 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Feel better my friend!
Old 03-16-2013, 11:58 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I remember thinking that when I was sober I'd never be ill again, like all of my ailments were just caused by booze. It was largely true actually, but it sure felt odd when I had my first sober cold. I would usually drink whisky through it and really drag it out. I recover much quickly sober Get well soon Fallow x
Old 03-16-2013, 12:58 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fallow View Post
Its been a wild ride this week! Got a case of the flu and I have felt awful the past 3 days. Trying to sleep and rest as much as I can but responsibility does not lessen in my world. So still busy. Trying not to get anyone else sick.

Its funny how I think back and my AV tells me that I never got sick like this when I was drinking. Minus the weekly hangovers of course.

And I feel strange getting sick and not knowing the reason why. Looking in the mirror going 'Wait my head doesn't hurt and I remember last night. Whats going on?!'

I remember the times I did get sick I always popped some percocets, smoked a bunch of weed, and drank a few beers till I 'felt better'. I was pretty good at numbing thru the flu.

It is nice to be able to sit here this time and feel my body's natural reaction to this and realize that Its just as it should be. I am feeling kind high. The fever has got me feeling strange thats for sure.

I remember drinking Nyquil with alcohol to pass out. Taking way more than the recommended dosage. Feeling all dizzy and terrible. Hard to believe that is really what my life was like.

This time I got some gatorade, some non-alcoholic medicine, and a clear head. And I am grateful. Its amazing even being sick is better sober. Who woulda thunk it?!

i can relate. i found it is so much better to be sick, sitting on the toilet praying rather than laying next to the toilet praying( if i made it that far).