Notices

Im sober but i feel drunk

Old 03-15-2013, 06:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Im sober but i feel drunk

I just came back from a celebration for a coworker. I am 15 days sober. I carefully planned to go and stay for 5 minutes but I ended up staying an hour. To see everyone drinking was pretty difficult to me. Why do I have this problem and am I maybe not really an alki.. Anyways, I drank two Virgin Mary . I feel tipsy even thought I didn't consume alcohol? Is this normal ?

Does it ever get better and easier?

Prion
Old 03-15-2013, 06:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Ever consider that you got high on life?
Old 03-15-2013, 06:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

I think its normal Prion. There are days I feel so impaired I have to remind myself that yes I am indeed still sober.

Not that I specifically feel drunk, cause Im not slurring words, embarrassing myself, blacking out, and puking.

I feel like it is more of a calmness and oneness within myself and with the Universe that is euphoric. Thats the feeling I keep seeking, for me it comes and goes.

Seems like you don't feel good tho? When I smell booze it can make me feel bad. Maybe thats it?
Old 03-15-2013, 09:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

I think that's pretty normal. I felt like I went back and forth between good days and bad days (kinda foggy and slow) during that time. I think stress plays a big role - and that was a stressful evening in a way, with the alcohol and all the conversation, etc..... (I also found that good nutrition helped, too).

Take heart, though......It definitely gets better!
Old 03-15-2013, 09:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Maybe the good feelings you attributed to the alcohol we're really the alcohol at all. Maybe it was you all along and you were drinking at the time, so you just thought it was the alcohol.

I kind of had something like that in reverse. I feel like a different person at night versus during the day -- and I used to think it was due soley to the effects of the alcohol. But 7 months with no alocohol, I still feel like a different person at night. Weird!
Old 03-15-2013, 09:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think what you're feeling is normal. My first sober night out with friends was similar. We played a drinking game (my shots were pepsi). After a few "shots" my fingers and toes started to tingle as if I were drinking alcohol. So I quickly decided it was time to go home.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

At 15 days your brain and body are settling down. Chemical balances are being restored. Mood swings can be frequent. Get a lot of rest, fluids, and eat. Congrats to you. You are doing well.

It gets better and easier. If not already, try to help someone else out. Like you have with this post or at a meeting if you go that route.