Notices

Stay sober here this weekend! 3/15...3/17

Old 03-17-2013, 01:13 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Good morning my friends!

Up way early. I chose to go to bed at 5 just to quiet my AV. So I am up early. Way to early.... Lol.

I had a great day yesterday. House is full of food. That's always a warm feeling for me. Today I am making lamb stew. Spending the day lounging. Maybe write some in y journal.

And spend it with you!

How are all the first or second time weekenders doing? I remember my first... Well I had lots of firsts. I felt like i could rule the world. Ahhhh... A good feeling.

If you did not have a sober weekend... Well still post here about it. This thread is not for quitters. It's just about quitters.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:28 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Sunday morning here ,

Slurping at a pot of coffee , today i might get my theremin out and plug it through some guitar effects pedals to see what happens . It's something i've been planning to do for ages .

Today is a new day to try and live in glory, if it goes bad we can always start our day over anytime we like , you don't have to go to bed and sleep to reset the day you can concentrate to change it , Although if you feel going to bed might help i'm not gonna say it's wrong ......

Off for a big steamy shower .. C U L8R recovery sis's & bro's ,

Bestwishes, M
Old 03-17-2013, 01:40 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Awesome M!

Gonna get a coffee and make bacon.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:45 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Night owl

Thanks for the great thread Weasel and everyone! I slipped and used on Friday night. I did some hard physical labor and let my pain and AV take over. I wasn't gonna post til I saw a few others sharing my struggle and Weasel invited us to post even if we failed. So here I am!

I don't have any bacon but you all have me hungry, especially the shrimp and bacon wrapped scallop posters! Yum, when is dinner ready? Or breakfast or whatever, it's about 1:45 a.m. here.

I really appreciate all your posts and support. Especially posts to those of us who slipped. It helps.

Happy sober rest of the weekend everyone!

=^o^=
Old 03-17-2013, 01:56 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Lyoness! Thanks for posting. It's important to say the good the bad and the ugly. Get it out and move on.

1:45? I thought I was up early at 4.

Glad you are here.

Ken
Old 03-17-2013, 02:07 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

My cat must have been calling Weasel? He woke me at 4:24am by repeatedly tapping my nose.
I have ventured out to the kitchen yet... i do love me a cup of black tiger super caffiene coffee, then switch to blonde roast.
I did not cook last night...but the shepards pie from Costco is excellent.
And making bacon wrapped scallops is super easy...you use precooked bacon and blot all the extra water out of the scallops with paper towels. I make them for family dinners when i have hors d'ouerve duty.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:19 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Lyoness,
For me my drinking thrived on being a hidden habbit , being accountable when i win or loose is useful to me .
For me at the moment i'm finding it useful to post about my eating on the healthy eating thread here as i try to bring some sober mindfulness into my eating that has been way out of control for longer than my drinking .

Becoming unashamed in grabbing support and wisdom after we've messed up isn't a weakness , letting alcohol , food and drugs make us suffer in scilence and isolate us is sad .

All of us regularly sober people are all sat here on our sober bikes , ringing our bells wanting anyone who's fallen off to get back up and see whats just over that hill or round the next corner with us . For me thats what the weekend thread is about

Bestwishes, M
Old 03-17-2013, 03:24 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Night owl

Thanks you all! I'm finding that I really have to fight the habit of hiding or covering up when I slip. I know recovery is a process, I just have this voice that says I shouldn't slip, should be able to do this right from the start. Which is a long, hideous trait I learned from my mom, perfectionism, still working on that one!

I also know my addiction loves me to hide the truth. It can use that against me to try to get me to not just slip but go for a full blown relapse. It's been a tough four months and I have had several slips but I also have to remember I was snorting and shooting 400-500mgs oxy every day and now I'm about two-thirds of the way through my suboxone taper. That is a huge deal! Even my counselor told me I should really think about that, how far I've come. So I'm trying and part of that is being honest here.

So, again, thank you all!

Oh, and I'm actually still up Weasel. Night owl all the way!

=^0^=
Old 03-17-2013, 04:24 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Time to get some bacon frying. New day, new life. Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Old 03-17-2013, 04:46 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Yup

It's a good day to be sober. I'm on day 10 and still feeling good. Slept more last night than I have in years. Slowly the obsession is subsiding.

Last night was a good friend of mine's St Pat's party. Keg of Guiness, every kind of booze you can think of, and many illegal things. While I miss the company of my friends there, I had no desire to go. This morning would've hell on earth had I gone. I would've been right where I was 10 days ago.

I see bacon in my immediate future.

Hang in there, friends.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:59 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I'm sitting in the cafe at the hospital drinking coffee and checking SR while my son still sleeping. I'm hearing a group of nurses getting their coffee talking about the happenings of the St. Patrick's weekend as well as what it might be tonight...they are planning on a few overdoses arriving tonight. I am glad that I can make the choice today to not be in that group arriving tonight. Towards the end of my active drinking I was a frequent medical emergency patient. Happy Sober Sunday!
Old 03-17-2013, 05:12 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

This is the first Sunday this year I have woken up without a hangover. Feeling great and moving on to day 5.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:19 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

My sisters' birthday was yesterday. She's now officially a teenager. My extended family came to visit, but I still didn't feel comfortable going in to their house for the celebration. I've been gone for so long .... and it just feels .... weird, suddenly appearing again. I can only imagine all the questions.... *sigh*. After they left though, I went in - half of the gifts she got was Justin Bieber stuff, lol.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:45 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Starting my lamb stew in a few minutes. Should be about a 4 hour process.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:50 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Will be a tough night; am heading to a hockey game on St. Patricks Day. Perhaps it will be easier to avoid the green beer since it will be about $10 per glass.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:03 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Saw this on FB. Seems like a good quote for the day:
"Money can't buy you happiness,
but it can buy you bacon...
which is pretty f*cking close."

I am running a 5k today. Got a super cute little green running "skort". It's also a pub crawl, which cracks me up. The thought of running 3 miles , then drinking beer and smoking cigarettes seems absurd to me. haha super stupid.

Happy St. Patrick's Day all. Remember, you don't need booze when you are already magically delicious.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:13 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Mrs Non has corned beef and cabbage in the crockpot.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:13 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
Saw this on FB. Seems like a good quote for the day:
"Money can't buy you happiness,
but it can buy you bacon...
which is pretty f*cking close."

I am running a 5k today. Got a super cute little green running "skort". It's also a pub crawl, which cracks me up. The thought of running 3 miles , then drinking beer and smoking cigarettes seems absurd to me. haha super stupid.

Happy St. Patrick's Day all. Remember, you don't need booze when you are already magically delicious.
Leprechaun Stew! MMMMMmmmmmm.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:38 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by trachemys
Leprechaun Stew! MMMMMmmmmmm.
Cooked correctly, I believe they have a delicious chewy center. xo
Old 03-17-2013, 08:20 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

The first step in this recipie is simmer the bacon in water. Interesting....