Notices

Stay sober here this weekend! 3/15...3/17

Old 03-16-2013, 04:13 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

So far my sober Saturday morning has been about cleaning up and sorting through the kids toys - let's see what I can pass on I think Hope you all have a lovely day x
Old 03-16-2013, 04:48 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Yup

On day 9 and feeling good, eating well and sleeping like a baby.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:44 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Morning everyone..Beautiful (sober) Saturday morning where I am. Nice to see the sun. Just relaxing listening to some music.

Dreamuplife..Welcome to SR. Keep posting. Lots of supportive folks here.

Deeker...awesome post. Congrats on the new job and the anniversary.

mecanix..thanks for the friend request.

Weasel...Hope all is fine with you this Sat a.m. Shrimp cooked with fresh ginger and garlic for supper served over basmati rice. Should be good.

Hope everyone has a safe and sober Saturday..

Jim
Old 03-16-2013, 06:12 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I screwed up. It went poorly. Day 1.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:23 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Non. It's just another sober day. I don't count days. I personally find the unproductive. But you are doing great. You will continue to do great.

Now here is what I hope you do. Go easy on yourself. Talk about the experience on your own thread. Let me and others who care about you off support.

Put AV away today. You build? Build a damn box with a padlock on it. For real. Label it. Then when you see it in the corner... All nicely built like a coffin... You will remind yourself that he's there. Not here. You are here and have all the control.

Another sober Saturday for you right! You can do this.

I never know if any words help the day after.... But I hope they do.

K
Old 03-16-2013, 06:30 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Good morning Weasel. Happy day to you. I hope that today brings you joy and contentment.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:41 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I am sure, Non, that your creative juices will start flowing and you will find a way to put that AV in a stronger box as the way we learn is from our experiences. Connect with that support system!

My son slept through the majority of night and is still sleeping on this sunny Vermont morning. Poor little trooper is so sick but making progress. I'm looking forward to a shower and more coffee after sleeping in a chair all night. I'm so happy I brought my netbook to the hospital so I can keep checking in on SR as it makes me feel better!
Old 03-16-2013, 07:13 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

My typical Saturday:

7:30 am- wake up determined to be healthy
10:00- go to a park or go hiking with the family
12:00- go to lunch; decide that one beer couldn't hurt; order a high abv IPA, eat a burger or wings; decide I might as well have a second beer.
12:00-2:00- get angry at myself for eating like crap and drinking 400 calories of poison
2:00- decide that I wasted the day already; buy a pint of scotch
2:00-12:00- descend into oblivion

Today will not be a typical Saturday!
Old 03-16-2013, 07:17 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Cloudy Saturday here in Chicago - but a sober morning is a good morning. Kind of a big day for me today. I have tons of buddies in town for a big event, today there's a big drinking get together (fantasy baseball draft for anyone that knows what it is). It's at my other pal's house and guys are flying into town, driving in from out of state, the whole nine yards. Lots of drinking at the draft, followed by a pub crawl...

I'm not going. I'm doing breakfast with one of my buddies shortly, then watch part of a basketball game at home with another friend. I will bypass the get together and do the draft from my home - mere blocks away from the big event. I will obviously also stay away from the pub crawl and all that stuff too.

I feel kinda lonely, kinda weak, for not attending. But I told one of my friends and he said that they all support my decision, and that made me feel better. This is just one day, one event, one outing. Sure I'll miss out on some banter and some old faces - but I'll keep what's most valuable to me - my sobriety - close, secure and safe. Still torn on whether it was the right decision, but the bottom line is that if I'm not sure, it's best to stay away.

Thanks for the thread, happy weekend all!
Old 03-16-2013, 07:33 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Big!!!!! That's awesome. I remember when you asked the board about this event. You are doing the right thing. Post how you feel tomorrow morning or later.

Happy for you!

Ken
Old 03-16-2013, 07:39 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

A wonderful start to day 36. Up early to make some pancakes. Ready to work on some spreadsheets, hit the gym, treat some family to a sushi dinner tonight.

Said no thanks to my friends' St Patty's day plans today. I hope they enjoy their epic hangovers tomorrow, because I'll be waking up feeling pretty good!
Old 03-16-2013, 07:45 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Day 1.

I've tried counting days, not counting days, and all kinds of other things. For 10 months I've been trying and stumbling, over and over again. The Dark Side is strong right now. I've been staying positive but it is truly getting discouraging. Nonsensical, I'm with you! Weasel, your post to Nonsensical is great for me, too. I'm not a carpenter but I'll come up with something that will hopefully be a good visual.

For the first time ever, at almost age 70, I'm starting to wonder if rehab may be a necessity. I already have cirrhosis and my body can't take much more. What I have decided to do is to step out of my comfort zone and go to an AA meeting other than the weekly women's group I attended before. Today I have a conflicting schedule that I can't clear for one of the very few meetings available. Tomorrow I will absolutely go to at least one. I will stay sober today. Of that I am certain. I will worry about tomorrow when it arrives.

Thanks for listening. I know I need to avoid self-pity and get myself moving.

Sassy
Old 03-16-2013, 08:06 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
But you're still here. That takes guts, realization, determination, honesty, lack of pridefulness, and a willingness to ask for help.

All the above demonstrate that you totally have what it takes to do it all again.

So don't mope about and punish yourself. Just learn from it and move on up

(Incidentally, I wonder how many song titles it's possible to get in one post so it still makes sense?)
Old 03-16-2013, 10:03 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Non you wouldn't be angry at someone who's never been on a bicycle before if they wobbled all over the place and fell off occasionaly at the begining .
Sobriety is a life skill in my opinion and requires practaice to develop just like cycling .

Put the drink down the sink if there is any around , have some water , get some food .

You've come quite a distance and there is no reason to chuck the bike in the ditch and not carry on with the rest of us on this journey .

Bestwishes, M
Old 03-16-2013, 10:09 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Drinking again, already. Day 0. F#ck.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:16 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
You'll notice the title of this thread. Maybe start another one and we can pop over there for the pep talks.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:34 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Yeh ok, I hear you . Seems to me you've got a choice of carrying on or stopping .

If you stop now you might be able to salvage some of your day,

bestwishes, M
Old 03-16-2013, 08:03 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Sorry for the thread derail. Having some mint decaf tea and looking forward to a sober Sunday.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:34 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

love all the positive words, thanks.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:06 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Thanks to everyone for sharing. I am so happy to be here in the presence of honest, supportive people. I am on day 2. Had a great day today and I actually remembered all of it!

My first sober weekend in years