Notices

new comers to recover

Old 03-14-2013, 05:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new comers to recover

Hey everyone! I've never tried a forum. I actually lead a group of new recovering addicts. I thougt this forum was really cool and could give alot of good feedback to those still struggling in early recovery. So I will be posting questions for the group. Our first question is: What was the turning point for you to get help and get in recovery?
Old 03-14-2013, 05:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-quit-why.html

A few threads below yours. Welcome!
Old 03-14-2013, 05:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi offthechain

I think thats different for everyone. My turning point was nearly dying...

I'm not sure what kind of group you lead but wouldn't it be better if you let your members sign up and ask their own questions?

D
Old 03-16-2013, 09:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm a dinasour when it comes to the internet so I'm sure I'm not posting this in the right place. This is offthechain and I wanted to clarify my first post. The group I lead doesn't have access to the internet for this type of forum, but we all agreed that it would be therapeutic to their recovery. I volunteered to be the facilitator of this activity. Thanks off the chain. Also is there somewhere i go to look at how to navigate around the site or any help please. I think I might have figured it out.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Not Alone

I nearly died, but I kept using. And then over the course of about 3 days I lost my home, started bankruptcy and lost my fiance. It was a pretty rough turning point but without it I wouldn't have done anything.

Natom.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR offthechain

So are you a counsellor for the group. I'd love to hear more about what you do.

My turning point was coming here. I had tried to get help for many years before that through my doctors but they wouldn't get me any counselling while I was still drinking. I had ruled out AA before even knowing much about it, and I had a lot of misconceptions about what was going on with me. Seeing others who had managed to quit drinking encouraged me. It took me a while to take the plunge, I found it so hard to actually just put the drink down, but I haven't gone back. Being sober is so much better, and feels like a bit of a miracle to me x
Old 03-16-2013, 12:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ends are always the same Jails, (me 7 times) Institutions (14) Death (suicide attempt just over a yr ago.)

I was at the end!